MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a set of those on my B3 800 and am happy with them. I had Sato rearsets on it but they were too high and work better on the F3. The Spiders set up in between the OEM and Sato setup.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a set of those on my B3 800 and am happy with them. I had Sato rearsets on it but they were too high and work better on the F3. The Spiders set up in between the OEM and Sato setup.
thanks for the input. any pics?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Question, how do you know that higher rearsets are in order? I mean, if you have only ridden the bike with its oem rearsets, how would one know that 'maybe I need higher reasets as these don't fit me right'? I guess I am asking 'how do you fit rearsets to your body on an F3'? Thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's all personal preference. I like to grip the tank/side of bike as high as possible. Makes leaning bike a bit easier...

Question, how do you know that higher rearsets are in order? I mean, if you have only ridden the bike with its oem rearsets, how would one know that 'maybe I need higher reasets as these don't fit me right'? I guess I am asking 'how do you fit rearsets to your body on an F3'? Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would say that the stock peg location works great and is designed around the bike being on its side, your ball on the peg. it will have your knee right where it should be "When you have the bike leaned over, but for braking, most will find your knee as GCBC shows in his video, sitting low. makes it a bit difficult to brace yourself while braking hard.

With the rizoma rearsets on the lowest setting, I couldn't be happier with knee position when the bike is leaned over, or braking hard and using the tank to brace myself.

All about what works for you, but generally speaking the stockers are not that bad.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have Lightech rearsets and don't have them too high. I sit quite far back in the seat and whilst I don't brace on the grips on the tank, the grips on the side panels work just fine.

If your knees are hitting the trellis and your pushed against the tank, perhaps you are sitting too far forward? I'm only 5'7 and have no issues putting the bike on its ear. I find that the tank grips aren't usually used when braking in, but hooked on and hanging off, they are good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts