MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was following a F3RC on the weekend and couldn't help notice how awesome the tail light looked.

After searching today I have not had any luck finding information on it.

Can anyone tell me if I can retrofit one to my 2012 F3 and if so where I might find one?

I have come across the below today but I am not even sure if this is the same as the F3RC light

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/mvcorse/f3/spkfp001bf.html

Any insight would be great

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I retro fitted mine with the factory one (as per your link).

The link you gave is the same LED light as on the 2016 bikes so I imagine its the same as the RC. I bought one and glad I did. Looks MUCH nicer than the smoked aftermarket ones and the shape is much improved ove the old one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I retro fitted mine with the factory one (as per your link).

The link you gave is the same LED light as on the 2016 bikes so I imagine its the same as the RC. I bought one and glad I did. Looks MUCH nicer than the smoked aftermarket ones and the shape is much improved ove the old one.
Any chance of a picture?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The shape is more modern than the aftermarket ones which mimick the old type. I like the fact that you cant see the individual LED diodes and it is REALLY bright!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have to say, it does look really good! But it is almost triple the price of the clear one with no indicators. But I do prefer red.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The OEM LED has a completely different shape to the old one (the clear LED light is the same shape as the old OEM one).

The new LED really looks good even when switched off. Its also more aerodynamic with a slight upper lip so you can ride even faster.

Old vs new from above:

Old one

New one - switched off

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
So I've managed to get the official LED tail light for my 2013 F3 from eBay and have created my own wiring adapter with a Tyco AMP super seal connector to white nylon connector.

The new tail light is much better, brighter and really good looking.

An upgrade well worth doing , especially if it costs around £25!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I've managed to get the official LED tail light for my 2013 F3 from eBay and have created my own wiring adapter with a Tyco AMP super seal connector to white nylon connector.

The new tail light is much better, brighter and really good looking.

An upgrade well worth doing , especially if it costs around £25!
can you post some pictures?

I ordered an MV Corse LED tail light from Evolutionbike on the 5th of May hopefully it's not to far away from deing dispatched
it was a little bit pricey by the time you add shipping and convert to AUD

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/mvcorse/f3/spkfp001bf.html

Hopefully it looks as good as PTsalas

1 - 20 of 41 Posts