MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that already have your bikes can you tell me if it has the quick downshifter or not? Also can you verify that it has the blue dash.

I ordered the MV Corse racing ECU from EVO bikes and they asked me if my bike had these but I haven't picked it up yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Those of you that already have your bikes can you tell me if it has the quick downshifter or not? Also can you verify that it has the blue dash.

I ordered the MV Corse racing ECU from EVO bikes and they asked me if my bike had these but I haven't picked it up yet.

Thanks
RC comes only with Quickshifter as standard."going up the box"
Dealers are awaiting the code for the ECU to download the Downshift auto blipper as fitted standard to other bikes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been told off Bennetts it's more than a software tweak , the loom is different for the downshifter . This was on my standard F3 800 but there again the RC might have a different wiring loom to mine

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've been told off Bennetts it's more than a software tweak , the loom is different for the downshifter . This was on my standard F3 800 but there again the RC might have a different wiring loom to mine
Bennetts told me its just the code they need,MV wont release it unless you buy the Exhaust headers.
When i asked why i was told that they said it run better.
I was left puzzed but will ask again when i go in at weekend

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dunno what headers have got to do with a downshifter unless it's incorporated into a race ecu map that needs headers to run correctly ??
I would deffo check with Bennetts again

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bennetts told me its just the code they need,MV wont release it unless you buy the Exhaust headers.
When i asked why i was told that they said it run better.
I was left puzzed but will ask again when i go in at weekend
I will be asking Paul at Bennetts about this as I could do with the down shifter on my RC if at all its possible.:jsm:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Been to Bennetts today and spoke to Paul.
He explained more about the Downshifter.
I had spoken to Alison last week and was told that MV wouldnt release the code for the ECU unless you bought the headers.
Well Paul explained in more detail and it seems that you have to buy the factory headers to work with the factory ECU which you need to enable the downblipper to work.
Eventually there maybe another option but as of now there isnt.
they have had to buy the kit for their racebike.

·
Registered
390 Posts
does anyone know where there's one for sale. Would prefer 675.
i know a member on here called Dipster2000 cancelled his 675 RC which he had on order at Teasdales.
This was 3 weeks ago,he got fed up of waiting and lost confidence with MV.
He bought a Ducati 959 instead,ordered wednesday and picked up 2 days later on the friday.
Give them a ring nothing to lose.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been to Bennetts today and spoke to Paul.
He explained more about the Downshifter.
I had spoken to Alison last week and was told that MV wouldnt release the code for the ECU unless you bought the headers.
Well Paul explained in more detail and it seems that you have to buy the factory headers to work with the factory ECU which you need to enable the downblipper to work.
Eventually there maybe another option but as of now there isnt.
they have had to buy the kit for their racebike.
Whats the cost for headers and ecu to make it all work?? :f4:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Whats the cost for headers and ecu to make it all work?? :f4:
Dave Tyson from Hampshire MV,told me last night that he can now flash the ECU for it to work.
He told me you dont need headers or Factory ECU.
Its a week turn around,just send him your ECU and he will get it done.
Its £500.
Hes on Facebook or PM me for his number.

Regarding Factory Headers and ECU i would say about 3K

·
Registered
62 Posts
i know a member on here called Dipster2000 cancelled his 675 RC which he had on order at Teasdales.
This was 3 weeks ago,he got fed up of waiting and lost confidence with MV.
He bought a Ducati 959 instead,ordered wednesday and picked up 2 days later on the friday.
Give them a ring nothing to lose.
Will do thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts