MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First some info , my dealer sold a bike to Kevin De Frenne who just started racing it.They changed the rear damper for a TRP model.Also some changes to the quickshifter.Mwr air filter. At Croix 10 days ago the Bsh team F3 was 14 th.
This past weekend they were 4 th at Franchorchamps !!

Can,t post pics at the moment , server.......

For facebook people , see pics at my dealer site , type in Fb Bsh racing Heers , give them thumbs up people :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to pick up my strafighter next saterday at their shop , I ,ll ask about the development of the bike.They had issues last week with the factory quickshifter , should be better now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kudos for 4th place. It gives me hope!

Disappointing to see the original footpegs are on there.

Now I have fairings sorted, and a range of crash protection soon to be released, I really need reverse pattern shifting to not put myself over the bars!

Sent from a silly little so called Smart phone.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Some more

Sure looks nice.:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Racing Renaissance

:mouthwate Thanks Donsy!!! :mouthwate

That first pic, an MV Agusta 3 ridden in anger on the track with the 3 pipes staring/barking at you - my god the number of years that I been dreaming about this!!! :yo::yo::yo:

Dare we dream about a full blown GP comeback........one day?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today F3 racer update

Was this morning at the dealer , he had demo day.

Got their with some sun , 20 c degrees and took an old one to go look at a new triple racing Mv :yo:
The ride to there was through some nice apple orchards :)

The race bike won 6 hp with this exhaust

Some pics of the shifting link they made themselves

They gonne race it next weekend again , I keep you people informed :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I respectfully disagree about the looks of the Remus exhaust - it may make more power but it looks like an afterthought, not a bespoke design. Some company should do a design that keeps the 3-pipe exits. When you have single-sided swing arm and a rear wheel in full view, why would you want to hide it behind a muffler?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I respectfully disagree about the looks of the Remus exhaust - it may make more power but it looks like an afterthought, not a bespoke design. Some company should do a design that keeps the 3-pipe exits. When you have single-sided swing arm and a rear wheel in full view, why would you want to hide it behind a muffler?
+10

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The claimed extra h.p. may be partly due to the added length of the pipe. I know that the meaty part of the power band can be adjusted up or done the rev. range by lengthening or shortening the pipes.
I’m really taken with this photo-shopped image.

However, if longer pipes make more torque or a meatier power band I’d like to see three “organ pipes” tucked up under the tail.

Yes, I realize this is an optical illusion of an F4 but you see my point right?

·
Registered
504 Posts
This is a personal choice.
To me, the version with the pipe exiting the belly pan hides the exhaust - it doesn't really stand out as a separate design element. Rerouting the pipes under the seat is a "been there, done that" execution.
The way MV has designed the exhaust on the F3 is new and fits their design legacy; all we need now is for the Aftermarket to create a tuned, 3-pipe version with a little more HP and sound character.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts