MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think from a racing perspective, you'll get more power from this exhaust and in racing, that's the important thing....beauty comes second to performance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok, I'll spill the beans! This design was done by the guy who does all the race graphics for Alstare (formerly with Suzuki) who are rumoured to be joining forces with MV to race the F3 next season in World Superbikes (Supersport division)...
The fact that he is playing around with designs for the F3, suggests the partnership could be a little more than just rumour
He did the WSBK 2011 Viru Suzuki, he did the 2008 Pepephone Suzuki and the famous 2007 Corona Suzuki....

I'll keep you posted if I hear any more info on the possible WSBK collaboration

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I think from a racing perspective, you'll get more power from this exhaust and in racing, that's the important thing....beauty comes second to performance.
Agreed but, as I’ve mentioned in other threads, all the systems we’ve seen so far are utilizing a single can at the end of a different length of pipe. Some are long, others like this design short.
So far we’ve not seen a system that takes advantage of the stock muffler location. I believe something like this Photoshop pic would be better for balance & weight position.

Sorry, I don’t wish to high-jack your thread by making this into another one about exhaust systems, we have several of those now.

As to the design you started this thread with I think the old racing image on the fairing is interesting. It shows the historic racing past on what is hoped will be MV’s future, a return to winning. It won’t win any points with the die-hard MV fanatics but that’s not its purpose, is it?

Other then the two items I have mentioned (and the addition of white number panels) I see nothing different.

Thanks for sharing Danny. I look forward to seeing (and hearing) more of this racing F3 project.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Stephen, that's a very clean/simple exhaust design, but it loses a lot of the design drama of the factory 3-pipe effort. I still say it's going to be tough to beat the factory look.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
and the Ohlins forks of course!
With the gold wheels and frame plates I took it to be based on an Oro. I didn’t mention the suspension or the brakes as they are standard issue on the Oro.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If MV gives me a F3 track ready I may get a racer's license and go racing :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts