MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 F3 675
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a few threads from 2016 on this issue but sadly none of them mention any sort of fix (other than messing with the fairings).

As the title suggests, I got a brand new set from R&G for my F3 675 from 2012 but it doesn't fit properly.
The nuts on the engine bar are pushing into the fairings pretty bad (there's a big gap where these are supposed to bolt back onto the bike, both R & L)
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Hood Vehicle door

Now the gap and not being able to put in 1 bolt to fix the fairings to the frame doesn't bother me a ton.
It does however that this nut is putting pressure on the fairings and may cause them to crack over time (not really what I had in mind when buying stuff to protect them).
I am currently in contact with R&G to try and sort the issue.

Looking at the manuals and the pictures in there a counterbore nut is mentioned to fit over the engine bar.
However in the kit I received there was no extra nut nor does the main plate/bracket have any sort of cavity that would even allow a counterbore nut to sink into it.

Is there anyone here that has gotten this kit recently, has successfully fitted it and can confirm yours had room for a counterbore nut?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Welcome to the family !! What part of Germany are you in?
Wish I could answer your questions but I have no experience with the F3 and frame protectors. I am sure someone will have an answer or suggestion.

·
Registered
2012 F3 675
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the family !! What part of Germany are you in?
Wish I could answer your questions but I have no experience with the F3 and frame protectors. I am sure someone will have an answer or suggestion.
I'm from Belgium! Not that far from Aalst.
Really hope I can get this fixed soon so I can take the bike out for a decent ride.
Was hoping I'd be done and ready to go after re-upholstering the seats and re-fitting the fairings after installing the frame sliders😅
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
I'm from Belgium! Not that far from Aalst.
OOOPs..... I saw the avatar flag and my old eyes and brain got the country wrong. Sorry about that :confused:.

Your bike looks good. I like the seat covers (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts