MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

I am looking at upgrading my QS from EAS1.0 to EAS2.0.

Has anyone done this? I understand the EAS2.0 is a 3 wire sensor whereas EAS1.0 is only 2 wire.

I'm guessing an additional wire needs to be run from the sensor plug to the ECU?

Has anyone made this change and have any advise/instruction on how to perform?

Thanks in advance

Chris

·
Registered
815 Posts
Chris,
Firstly what's you planned result? If its to get the blipper to work, changing the sensor is not enough.

What year is the F3? Your bike should already have 3 wires at the sensor (bike side not sensor side).

Step 1
The issue is that the eas 2.0 (durashift) sensor requires more current than the eas 1.0 sensor, and the ECU cant supply that. So you need to run a new cable from either the tip over sensor or exhaust valve to provide an increased current capability.

Step 2
To get the Blipper enabled etc, you need to flash the ECU. I can thoroughly recommend ECUStudio https://www.ecustudio.com/bikes/MV/F3.html or email [email protected]. They can sort he ECU to work with the Sensor and enable the blipper, and they are a site sponsor :smile2:

Happy to explain in detail if you need it, just PM me or ask ECU Studio.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,
Firstly what's you planned result? If its to get the blipper to work, changing the sensor is not enough.

What year is the F3? Your bike should already have 3 wires at the sensor (bike side not sensor side).

Step 1
The issue is that the eas 2.0 (durashift) sensor requires more current than the eas 1.0 sensor, and the ECU cant supply that. So you need to run a new cable from either the tip over sensor or exhaust valve to provide an increased current capability.

Step 2
To get the Blipper enabled etc, you need to flash the ECU. I can thoroughly recommend ECUStudio https://www.ecustudio.com/bikes/MV/F3.html or email [email protected]. They can sort he ECU to work with the Sensor and enable the blipper, and they are a site sponsor

Thanks for your reply, I've sent you a PM

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chris,

Step 1

Step 2
To get the Blipper enabled etc, you need to flash the ECU. I can thoroughly recommend ECUStudio https://www.ecustudio.com/bikes/MV/F3.html or email [email protected]. They can sort he ECU to work with the Sensor and enable the blipper, and they are a site sponsor :smile2:

If my F3 already has the eas 2.0 quickshifter but no auto blipper software, is it a simple job to get ecu studio and install it?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi All

I am looking at upgrading my QS from EAS1.0 to EAS2.0.

Has anyone done this? I understand the EAS2.0 is a 3 wire sensor whereas EAS1.0 is only 2 wire.

I'm guessing an additional wire needs to be run from the sensor plug to the ECU?

Has anyone made this change and have any advise/instruction on how to perform?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Hi Chris, Yes EAS 2.0 has a 3rd pin that you run a wire from the 5v of the tip over sensor under the seat passenger.

1 - Install EAS 2.0 or equivalent QS
2 - bring in 5v from tip over sensor to the QS (this only applicable to the first few years of the F3)
3 - Install ECU Studio - I ran the latest stock map that I modified with the blipper settings from one of the race maps included. They refer to a "map" as a ROM.

Here is a writeup regarding the 5v (run it through google translate) and I have some PM's which I will post later with more detail
https://rowomoto.de/blog/workshop/mv-agusta-f3-blipper-teil-3/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts