·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'll tell you if you use the "magic word"
:laughing:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It should be tucked up on the inside of the frame somewhere above the gear linkage on the engine. It will have a rubber plug cap on it similar to the ones used on the battery charger plug only bigger ;) :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry we are a closer knit group of people who are polite.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It should be tucked up on the inside of the frame somewhere above the gear linkage on the engine. It will have a rubber plug cap on it similar to the ones used on the battery charger plug only bigger ;) :)
Ackers, did you just told this guy to connect his quickshifter to the connector used for updating the ECU software...???

I feel a short-circuit coming up, he should have said the magic word...:naughty::naughty::naughty:

;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
i hope you get on better with your q/s than i did, turned it off just now , i found it unsettled the bike !!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i hope you get on better with your q/s than i did, turned it off just now , i found it unsettled the bike !!

Really? I've just fitted a Cordona shifter to my Brutale, love it, really smooth but I did have to change my shifting style.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
If you have an early F3, you might have to hard wire the shifter in, that's why I asked what model bike you have mister polite. Manners are not compulsory anywhere in the world, but it does bring better results in most cases.

Ceepee, how does the quick shifter unsettle your bike mate, and what have you got on there ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
when i use the the q/s with max throttle hard over i dont like the twitching it puts through bike ,it unerves me

·
Registered
249 Posts
My quickshifter has the ability to find neutral more times than a gear, my plums are extremely swollen from the tank bashing they are getting LOL! The quick shifter on my Daytona 675 was faultless but the MV one needs some work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the bike is a 2012 model,i thought all f3 had built in electronics and plug and play set up ,it does have quickshifter on/off on dash ,i havnt had chance to look on bike for available plugs as yet just wondered if tank etc had to come off to get to it

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
the bike is a 2012 model,i thought all f3 had built in electronics and plug and play set up ,it does have quickshifter on/off on dash ,i havnt had chance to look on bike for available plugs as yet just wondered if tank etc had to come off to get to it

Mine didn't but then I've got a Brutale so could be different, mine was plug and play apart from wiring in a live for the strain gauge adjuster that is on the Cordona shifter, the SP one doesn't have this so it is truly plug and play ;)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Emm something wrong with yours!

My quickshifter has the ability to find neutral more times than a gear, my plums are extremely swollen from the tank bashing they are getting LOL! The quick shifter on my Daytona 675 was faultless but the MV one needs some work.
Greeny, the MV QS on mine is just perfect, I did have to adjust the height of the shift pedal and tweak it so I was getting my toe hooked under it well. I like you was having a few false neutrals, now correctly adjusted it is just so good I love it. Try tweaking yours.

jimboF4

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ceepee if you are referring to full throttle shifting at high lean angles any bike will unsettle. You need to either carry more pace for a higher gear to pull through the turn or you need to work on standing the bike up more out of a turn so you can shift there. You really don't need to be shifting in a turn. It's kind of like braking mid turn or chopping the throttle. It's something you just don't do typically.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts