MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine and he is convinced that all of the models have been already sold out. I'm not convinced they have all been sold out because we have yet to receive reports of a single 1 appearing in the united states. Does anyone know in this forum if all the models have already been sold?

·
Registered
432 Posts
My local MV Dealer said that he has 3 F3's coming in mid July and all 3 of them are paid for in full. He has no idea when he will get more.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good for MV...bad for me because looks like I was in the wrong :(

jethead are all 3 F3s that your dealer is allotted for Oros?

ondgas - Is your dealer Redline Motorsports?

·
Registered
570 Posts
No. Dealer is in charlotte NC. Ducati, mv agusta, triumph of charlotte. I have a deposit on one there. I also have 1st dibs on the 1st red and silver one at frontline bmw triumph mv agusta in salem va. They just started dealing mv's. Which ever place gets a red and silver 1st gets my cash. It will probably be charlotte sense frontline just started mv's rep told them all f3's were sold and they would need to pull bikes from other dealers. But they also promised them 2 bikes. One being a red and silver 1 for me. (My brother works there). If charlotte gets my bike in 1st you can have dibs at frontline. If frontline gets my bike 1st you can buy my $500 buck deposit from me for the one in charlotte for 500 bucks ifyou want.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe most dealers are sold out at this point since only 140 (base+Oro) are being imported into US this year. In talking to Fast By Ferraci last month, they were still accepting deposits on F3. Not sure if at this point they are sold out or not.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe most dealers are sold out at this point since only 140 (base+Oro) are being imported into US this year. In talking to Fast By Ferraci last month, they were still accepting deposits on F3. Not sure if at this point they are sold out or not.
Yeah makes sense. I reckon the Oros would go the fastest.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Suryad, my understanding is that most dealers have deposits on all their base models. We have a new member (Shawn sfoley675) who just a little over a week ago put a deposit on a white base model F3 at Heinen Motorsports in Osses MN. So there are a few dealers who still have a bike or two not spoken for.
On the other hand I'm quite positive that there are more Oro's left to be sold then they deposits on. My own dealer here in Ontario tells me he has to take two and both are still up fro grabs at a mere $28,995 CDN.
So I'd say you're right on that first point, not all F3's are sold. However, I disagree with your comment that the Oro's would sell faster. As beautiful as the bike is I can't see it being worth twice as much as the base model. However, those with a lot of disposable income are free to buy what they like.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
11 Oros are coming into the US as they were pre-ordered, no Oro model will come in that was not pre-ordered.

As for the base model it seems that every single machine that every dealer receives is already spoken for. I would go with the idea that every F3 coming to the US in the first batch is already pre-ordered.

I spoke to a dealer in CA who ordered 26, they are receiving 12.
My dealer ordered 18, they are getting 8.

so yeah.
I see the price of the F3s going up in the next model year although the ones coming soon will be sold as 2013 model.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
11 Oros are coming into the US as they were pre-ordered, no Oro model will come in that was not pre-ordered.

As for the base model it seems that every single machine that every dealer receives is already spoken for. I would go with the idea that every F3 coming to the US in the first batch is already pre-ordered.

I spoke to a dealer in CA who ordered 26, they are receiving 12.
My dealer ordered 18, they are getting 8.

so yeah.
I see the price of the F3s going up in the next model year although the ones coming soon will be sold as 2013 model.
We got the same schpeal (sp?) here too. Base F3 required a $1000 deposit and an Oro was $7000, both non refundable. In the case of the Oro they said none would be brought in without a firm order. Also, it would take a week to verify a bike was available. If they couldn't supply one you got your money back or you could switch it for a base model F3. I understand that only two Oros were pre-sold yet, when the allotments were disclosed it was revealed that there are actually six coming. I've heard that the company that imports / distributes MV's here was offered (and accepted) the extra Oros because they were not spoken for, left overs as it were. It's rumoured to have been a make-up gift as Canada seems to be the last Country to get it's bikes and will see far fewer F3's then they were originally promised. (I think every country is in a similar situation though.)
Of course this is all hearsay and rumour except the part about my salesman telling me that the dealership have two Oros coming that are unsold.

As far as price goes, Canada was a grand higher then the US. At $28,995 CDN. That would make the US Oro price $27,995 not including, freight, PDI and taxes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a deposit for NEXT year's f3, as all are spoken for this year. And it was only a $300 deposit required from my dealer. Whatever, as long as i get a black one ill be happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
570 Posts
Suryad, do you want an oro or a standard model. I was offering you a dib on a standard depending on which dealer gets me a bike 1st. I have 2 reserved to make sure I get one. But of course I'm not buying both. I would like to see a forum member get lucky and receive which ever one I don't get. Being they are all sold its probably gonna be hard to get one unless you placed a deposit on it. If an oro is what you want I hope it comes together for you.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Suryad, do you want an oro or a standard model. I was offering you a dib on a standard depending on which dealer gets me a bike 1st. I have 2 reserved to make sure I get one. But of course I'm not buying both. I would like to see a forum member get lucky and receive which ever one I don't get. Being they are all sold its probably gonna be hard to get one unless you placed a deposit on it. If an oro is what you want I hope it comes together for you.
PM sent.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I was told by Blue Moon that all the Oros are already sold out before they came to the US?
I like Blue Moon, it is a pretty good beer.

There are 11 Oros coming to the US as 11 Oros were ordered. Now if those 11 Oros are spoken for, that is another issue. If you want an Oro you might have to call every single dealer in the US (not like there are many of them) and ask them for one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
suryad.....Just like ondgas I too have 2 F3's spoken for, both by the same 2 dealers that ondgas has his with however mine are the white ones. I'm sure you're probably interested in the red silver since you like the oro, but if not you can message me also. I too would like to see one of mine go to a forum member.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts