MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just came back from my dealer one of the employees told me that they have an F3 Oro on order and it is available. Not sure if anyone is interested. My dealer is in Canada, Toronto. Just figure I post this on behalf of the dealer who has been good to me.

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
If only I had the coins......

·
Super Moderator
22,321 Posts
Care to share the name and location of the dealer?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
What's their price?
Greg quoted me the same as Royal Distributing, $28,995 CDN.
No deals, no bargins, $7000 deposit at time of ordering.
I decided to go with the base model. :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Same price at Ride Motorcycle due in July. Just spoke to Greg
July?

JUUUU FREAKIN' LIE!!!

Are you Frikin' screwing with me?

I'll be giving Greg a call tommow that's for sure!!!!!!

FTS!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Keep me posted stephen. We should get ours about the same time. Or maybe its just my common sense kicking in. Lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
July?

JUUUU FREAKIN' LIE!!!

Are you Frikin' screwing with me?

I'll be giving Greg a call tommow that's for sure!!!!!!

FTS!
I would blame MV as I believe they really screwed up. They should have prioritized the F3 over the F4RR as there is a larger market for the F3. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I would blame MV as I believe they really screwed up. They should have prioritized the F3 over the F4RR as there is a larger market for the F3. Just my thoughts
WHAT? :jsm:
Are you saying that MV stopped assembly of the F3's so they could build F4RR's on that line?
I know MV is a small company but I thought they had dedicated one line for the 675 models. First the F3's and then switching over to build 675 Brutales.

Furthermore, the Oro's are all built and sitting in crates. So if someone wanted the Oro that Ride Motorcycles has coming in I'd think it would be just a matter of paying the extra for air freight.

Unless... there is some sort of screw up with the paperwork and Transport Canada won't let them into the country yet. Mmmmmm?????

With the mild weather we've had I've been just going crazy waiting. I have put off selling my 900 SS FE because I just couldn't go 9 weeks without riding. Now that's growing to over 13 weeks.

FFAAAAAAWWWWKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhh:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I just got off the phone from talking with Greg. I guess I’m not the only one asking questions to which poor Greg has no answers for.
Here is what he was able to confirm:
He has no delivery dates at this time. He has been told several different stories so he doesn’t believe any of them. The bikes will be here when they get.
Ride Motorcycles has 3 electronic shift kits in stock. He has no idea about availability of any of the other accessories. He joked that carbon fiber parts like front and rear fenders might make nice gifts for Christmas, 2014.
He was told that there are six Oros coming to Canada. Two are going to MotoVan, the MV Canadian distributor. Two (not just one) are for Ride Motorcycles. Greg would rather they gave him four base models for sold orders rather then two high priced show bikes that to date he has no orders for.
When I asked what would stop a person from buying one of the Oros and having it air freighted he said it might no be let into the country. So he sort of confirmed what I suspected. That it may be homologation that’s holding up F3 deliveries in Canada. He could not confirm nor deny that the bikes have passed Transport Canada tests. He thinks that’s why they haven’t seen a Norton yet. Often Canadian distributors piggyback on US certification. So is it us or the US that’s having trouble?
They stopped advertising F3’s for a while and I wondered if it was due to all of them being spoken for. However, they are once again advertising F3’s so it maybe that a couple of people have backed out plus they have Oros to unload.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WHAT? :jsm:
Are you saying that MV stopped assembly of the F3's so they could build F4RR's on that line?
I know MV is a small company but I thought they had dedicated one line for the 675 models. First the F3's and then switching over to build 675 Brutales.

Furthermore, the Oro's are all built and sitting in crates. So if someone wanted the Oro that Ride Motorcycles has coming in I'd think it would be just a matter of paying the extra for air freight.

Unless... there is some sort of screw up with the paperwork and Transport Canada won't let them into the country yet. Mmmmmm?????

With the mild weather we've had I've been just going crazy waiting. I have put off selling my 900 SS FE because I just couldn't go 9 weeks without riding. Now that's growing to over 13 weeks.

FFAAAAAAWWWWKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhh:
By the way Pro Italia in LA has listed June for the F3 also. Either it is a issue getting the bike certified for North America. My point about MV screwing up is the simple fact that releasing the F3 1 month into a 4 month summer in Canada and most of the east coast region is not the smartest idea to capture market share for 2012. The good news is that if they have any left over 2012 then I might pick one up in the winter.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts