MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I think it's at the rear wheel. The information at the bottom of the page includes "vmax" which is the maximum speed the rear wheel achieved during the run.
This requires calibration data including the diameter of the wheel & number of sprocket teeth.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
MCN right or wrong??

Anybody want to explain to me WTF is going on below 6000??

Hey...................Its not my bloody dyno chart OK, all I want is somebody to please be honest about it.

Looks pretty damn good after 6K though

:baddeal:

Thanx very much for posting the F3 Augusta dyno chart John it answers a few of those niggling questions about fueling don't you think??​

·
Registered
318 Posts
if it is, it's beyond what the spec sheet say for crank power of 128hp...

Don't get me wrong - I hope it is rear wheel power. That way, get rid of the cat, put in a high flow filter, remap and a few small tweaks and it will have similar power to 2000 R1 (150hp at the crank). That power figure, plus the low weight (if anyone can eventually confirm the curb/wet weight) will make for a very impressive track weapon!

·
Registered
318 Posts
emissions, emissions, emissions...plus the search for peak power.

get rid of emissions HW, remap and you should keep the peak power and smooth out the mid-range. Most "sport" bikes smooth this out and sacrifice about 5bhp peak and still meet emission requirements world wide - looks like MV take a different approach which works for me since I never ride under 6k except when leaving the pits :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Din 70020

The diagram mentions "Din 70020". According to wikipedia din 70020 stands for:

"DIN 70020 is a standard from German DIN regarding road vehicles. Because the German word for horsepower is Pferdestärke, in Germany it is commonly abbreviated to PS. DIN hp is measured at the engine's output shaft, and is usually expressed in metric (Pferdestärke) rather than mechanical horsepower".

So my guess would be on the output shaft.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
very interesting how the power is still climbing when presumably the rev limiter cuts in, this thing looks like it needs to rev even higher.
Power will be a the wheel, if this is who's I think it is the bike is not quite standard

·
King of Bling
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't say anymore, as I promised to keep shtum and respect his wishes.

very interesting how the power is still climbing when presumably the rev limiter cuts in, this thing looks like it needs to rev even higher.
Power will be a the wheel, if this is who's I think it is the bike is not quite standard
This is his mates bikes, which as far as I know is standard.. His own bike should have arrived last week, but the less we say about that the better, as he doesn't want the WWW to know what he's got..

Sssssshhhh Mike...

·
Registered
318 Posts
The diagram mentions "Din 70020". According to wikipedia din 70020 stands for:

"DIN 70020 is a standard from German DIN regarding road vehicles. Because the German word for horsepower is Pferdestärke, in Germany it is commonly abbreviated to PS. DIN hp is measured at the engine's output shaft, and is usually expressed in metric (Pferdestärke) rather than mechanical horsepower".

So my guess would be on the output shaft.
I think you are right that it is at the crank on a standard bike. What I find interesting is that I have seen about 4 different dyno outputs with EXACLTY the same output 132.5hp...seems like MV might have better/lower tolerances than other manufacturers for the engine at least.

Also, 132.5 is better than the factory claimed peak of 128 and puts it on very equal footing as the 848 but with less weight :yo:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
This is his mates bikes, which as far as I know is standard.. His own bike should have arrived last week, but the less we say about that the better, as he doesn't want the WWW to know what he's got..

Sssssshhhh Mike...
Yes John, this bike is stock and that is at the wheel, btw did you know this was getting ridden at the track last weekend, I have pics ....gorgeous machine:yo:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

Sssssshhhh Mike...
Tell you what, once MV and MCN agree that the fuelling is sorted and MV release the expected 900cc version, I may well be in, judging by that it should have 175hp:naughty:

AND, like I said. it's not tailing off either at the top end

·
King of Bling
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi John do you know what type of dyno it was run on? Very grateful for the dyno info mate.
Hi Steve.. I don't know what dyno was used, but I can try and find out.. The bike belongs to a friend of a friend, so the information is drip fed via email..

Yes John, this bike is stock and that is at the wheel, btw did you know this was getting ridden at the track last weekend, I have pics ....gorgeous machine:yo:
Yes I knew that.. I was told he tracked it almost straight away out of the box.. I couldn't believe when I heard this guy was using an Oro for this purpose instead of a standard F3.. Respect..

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures, but please don't post them on here, as I think we should respect the confidentially of the parties concerned..

Email them to me mate..Cheers

·
Registered
867 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that this 675 is giving alsmost the same power at the rear wheel as the Brutale 1090 RR, there is not another 600 or 675 anywhere giving that amount as standard at the rear wheel, would like to be proved wrong though.

James

·
King of Bling
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tell you what, once MV and MCN agree that the fuelling is sorted and MV release the expected 900cc version, I may well be in, judging by that it should have 175hp:naughty:

AND, like I said. it's not tailing off either at the top end
Yeah they'll sort out this fueling issue and it's just a shame it got this far..

I'm defo up for another MV, but this time I want a sit up and beg model..

If they release an all singing and all dancing Supermoto that weight less than a cocktail stick, then I'll be queuing outside the factory gates with my tent and camping stove for the first one off the production line.. :)

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Yeah they'll sort out this fueling issue and it's just a shame it got this far..

I'm defo up for another MV, but this time I want a sit up and beg model.. .
I remember you saying that ages ago, with a nice Watsonian double adult sidecar wasn't it Johnny.

Have you been polishing your trusty 'Stadium MK IX's' in eager anticipation.

You can take Mrs Johnny to the Ace caff in it!!

:naughty:​

1 - 20 of 29 Posts