MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Since I got the F3 beginning 2012 I havnt been for a track day!

The problem I have is that the bike is to noisy for the tracks i live close to. Mostly the track noise limit is 95 or 100db, and the f3 is rated to 106 (according the frame sticker havnt tested myself).

Is there a way to make it quieter so i can pass the 95db limit?

All of you that take your f3 to tracks, how did you do?

Is it only here in europe that the noise limit is lower than the standard bike noise level?

Grateful for answers!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi,
I'm in the same situation : you have to buy a racing silencer to pass the noise limits (it's not a joke) I bought a termignoni carbon who sounds 94dB with the killer. By the way, you 'll win some ponnies and loose few kgs!!
Go and see in performance thread the pictures.
Cheers
The D16(ducati motogp street version) is in the same case.Not allowed to run on tracks with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
465 Posts
We have the same issues here in the UK. Most tracks are 102-105dB. So I'm a bit worried I won't make it out to the track without some serious expense!

As I understand Brands is a bit lenient, but I'm going to see if I can get the bike properly tested before I commit my cash to a TD.

I'd love a new pipe but if I was to spend the money I'd prefer an FM or Zero one, which certainly won't pass the noise limits.

But for the price of a new pipe I can get a cheap Track Bike!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Wildfire, one possible option is to to select the rain map when noise testing, as it delivers a significant bhp cut and a soft and gentle throttle curve, it may well be a bit quieter when you have to test it. Then when waiting in pit lane select sport and off you go.

jimboF4

Reactions: Glenno and Kageira

·
Registered
571 Posts
I got this exhaust for trackdays from a forum member. Not the best looking exhaust but it was cheap. With the aid of an db killer and a t-spoon got the sound down to roughly 96 db cold. Gotta get it properly sound checked to see if I can get on at castle coombe. 105db @ 3/4 max revs its gonna be close.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi!
We have have big problem here in Sweden also :banghead:. We use another method I guess.. We have a 95 db "bypass" and the db-tester 10 meters from raceline. With the Termignoni with db-killer it gives around 98db so it´s not easy. Without db-killer it gives around 102-103 db. I have close contact with the factory to see if they can make something more silent, so we just have to wait.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
I got this exhaust for trackdays from a forum member. Not the best looking exhaust but it was cheap. With the aid of an db killer and a t-spoon got the sound down to roughly 96 db cold. Gotta get it properly sound checked to see if I can get on at castle coombe. 105db @ 3/4 max revs its gonna be close.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Wow. Sexy. :wtf:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any recent experience with stock f3 675 on track? I signed up for a track day and am getting a little nervous...

Calabogie motorsports park in Canada, if anyone has any experience that would be great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just figured I'd follow up, my bike rated 96db from 10 feet. No issues, there were some pretty beastly rsv4s that were much louder than me so maybe I was lucky or the bike just wasn't warm enough to truly scream.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just figured I'd follow up, my bike rated 96db from 10 feet. No issues, there were some pretty beastly rsv4s that were much louder than me so maybe I was lucky or the bike just wasn't warm enough to truly scream.
great to hear you didn't have any issues, got any pic or vids of the track action?

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Measured sound levels can vary a lot depending on method used for testing..... I have a question?:

Do all organization where you live use the same methodology and equipment? Do they mimic the government regulation testing methods which yield the limit stated on the bike itself?

You would think that if the bike as sold meets all government regulation standards for sound level it should certainly be legal on a race track.

Just curious?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Measured sound levels can vary a lot depending on method used for testing..... I have a question?:

Do all organization where you live use the same methodology and equipment? Do they mimic the government regulation testing methods which yield the limit stated on the bike itself?

You would think that if the bike as sold meets all government regulation standards for sound level it should certainly be legal on a race track.

Just curious?
In sweden sadly NO, an all standard bike can be failed at track for excessive noise, so in the street a higher lever is ok.
Thats part of a conspiracy as we all know:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:
On a serious side its a bit silly.
// Jimmi

·
Registered
405 Posts

Just curious?

Not at all. In the UK the sound results are as varied as dyno readouts.

My old track bike was measured at anywhere between 103db and 113db .... and that was significantly quieter than my F4 with an open Bodis. My race KR1 (2T) only passed when I stuffed rags (socks at Cadwell) into the cans.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Manifold racing with original muffler

Hello all,

Who has already tested the Termignoni inox manifold with the original muffler on a F3 800?
In France I have the same problem, many circuits are limited to 95 dB, I would like to put the full system Arrow but it's not possible, it will not pass the sound level meter.
I found a video on youtube with a Silmotor manifold and original muffler + map = + 8.0 PS / -0.3 dB.

I would like at first to try the Termignoni or Zard manifold with the original muffler without making any more noise and gain some power, if someone rolls with this configuration?

·
Registered
396 Posts
are you ever riding on AdR? I'll probably be there this year :)

might want to try going for a longer silencer with db killer instead of the OEM muffler

·
Registered
19 Posts
No I have never riding at the AdR, it's a bit far from home, I'll do tests by changing the manifold, we'll see...
I saw a lot of motorcycles on the dyno and lose horses with slip-on and dB-killer, as soon as I made a modification I pass my bike on the dyno ...
I just bought Ecu Studio, I'll be able to easily install the race map MV to do tests

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
:wink2:It confirms my idea, there is more to be gained on the manifold than on the muffler, I just think that the noise may be increased with a decatalysed manifold without valve.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Checked that out.

On my 2018 Euro 4 modell the valve is open when the rpms for noise checking is achieved, app 6200 rpm.
Turned the key off at these rpms and the valve was fully open.

So no need for a valve when police checks you aside the street.
It just seems to matter for the emmission testing cycle for homologation.
But note - that is for an Euro 4 model. Do not know what it is for Euro 3.

With the Euro 4 QD exhaust I measured 102,6 dB, OEM manifold :jerkoff: . Limit is 98 dB..... So the QD is sonewhat noisy, can cause some trouble with police.

I also use ECUStudio from Luca :grin2:.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts