MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently took my 2014 F3 675 to Rockwell Cycles in Ft. Montgomery, NY (shameless plug :naughty: ) for a software update. They flashed the latest update which was 2.0. I thought to try the quick shift on my down shifts to see if it would work and to my surprise it did. I was under the impression that a new quick shift sensor would be needed for that to work.

Just wondering if others have experienced the same results...

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Taking mine to 1000km first service tomorrow. Just finished breaking her in on a road trip this weekend. On mine the blipper does not work either. Will ask the dealer to check for software updates and try it! Great news. Thanks!

·
Registered
947 Posts
A new quick shift sensor is needed. You were just doing clutchless down shifts. Also as far as what MV said that any F3's pre 2015 the ECU's don't even have to capability for that at all. You would need the race ECU and the EAS 2.0 sensor for autoblip on downshift. It would be nice if any dealer on the forum would confirm the confusion with the F3's and the QS.

·
Registered
396 Posts
just have a look, if you already have a 2.0 sensor (written on the sensor!) all you need is an ECU update, otherwise you need a sensor as well... end of story

·
Registered
780 Posts
Come on guys, please take a look at the Tech sheet from MV Agusta's own website. Not even the current F3 has MVICS 2.0, if it had wouldn't they advertise with it. As VaporMV stated, you need the Race ECU or take it down the aftermarket route.

F3
MV EAS (Electronically Assisted Shift)

F3 RC

B3 800 (2016)
MV EAS 2.0 (Electronically Assisted Shift up & down)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Come on guys, please take a look at the Tech sheet from MV Agusta's own website. Not even the current F3 has MVICS 2.0, if it had wouldn't they advertise with it. As VaporMV stated, you need the Race ECU or take it down the aftermarket route.

F3

F3 RC

B3 800 (2016)
MV EAS 2.0 (Electronically Assisted Shift up & down)
Read what others are saying. MV have been fitting the EAS 2.0 SENSOR to some F3s for a while. Makes sense from a parts supply POV if it's not much more expensive than a one-way sensor.

The ECU in the F3 is the same as the B3, so it's logical to suggest that the blipper function is available, but not active in the F3 firmware. Third parties have reportedly been able to unlock this pretty easily. This suggests that rather than a hardware upgrade to the ECU, MIVCS 2.0 is just different firmware.

So instead of jumping down people's throats with MV spec lists, have a read of what's actually being said.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My QS sensor is not 2.0. When quick shifting down it sounds like the quick shift up with the engine cutting off real quick. It seems to work within certain RPM ranges and feels like the shifter is locked when not within that RPM range. During testing I tried hitting the shifter really hard and it would not shift. I didn't want to bash it too hard out of fear of breaking something.
I am going back to the dealer tomorrow because I lost my back break again even after bleeding the system and moving the rear brake reservoir to the same spot where it is located on newer models so I'll ask the owner of the shop his thoughts on the QS.
On a side note...
Someone mentioned the race ECU. Is that the ECU that comes with the MV aftermarket headers? I was thinking of getting the complete MV exhaust setup.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No it is a full race ECU that requires a new wiring harness. It enables all sorts of stuff like pit limiter, auto blip, eliminates the key and headlights and some other stuff I can't remember right now and cost around $1700. http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/racing-parts/stk.html

The ECU you buy with the headers is an Eldor ECU, with all the OEM features (traction, multimap, quickshifter, abs etc...) but with a racing map for racing manifolds or full exhaust.
http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/mvcorse/f3/rrem018800.html

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
How many of you are from this planet, and know the difference between guessing and reading some spec sheet, or how it works in real life.
FWIW, you are right most of the time Pascal, including this time.... most guys can't even figure out how to show what bike or year model they have, and adding it to their signature or registry is far too hard.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I do agree that MV should in some way make this easier for people to understand. The 2.0 on the sensor and MVICS 2.0 is a nameing disaster. I would hate it if someone broke there gearbox by thinking they are shifting down the right way or worse blocking your rear tire and crashing.

And makeing it even worse is that when you are gently testing if it works it will work in some cases. If there is no load on the gears it will shift perfectly without the clutch. Lucky because that's the principle i and many others have used for years, even before the autoblipper. The good old manblipper. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
My QS sensor is not 2.0. When quick shifting down it sounds like the quick shift up with the engine cutting off real quick. It seems to work within certain RPM ranges and feels like the shifter is locked when not within that RPM range. During testing I tried hitting the shifter really hard and it would not shift. I didn't want to bash it too hard out of fear of breaking something.
I am going back to the dealer tomorrow because I lost my back break again even after bleeding the system and moving the rear brake reservoir to the same spot where it is located on newer models so I'll ask the owner of the shop his thoughts on the QS.
On a side note...
Someone mentioned the race ECU. Is that the ECU that comes with the MV aftermarket headers? I was thinking of getting the complete MV exhaust setup.

Thanks for your input.
Firstly if your QS isn't EAS2.0 then you won't have downshifting, it will say so on the QS itself.
Secondly the downshift works by blipping the revs so not the same as quick-upshifting where it cuts the throttle off for an instant.
You as you say are just banging down a gear when it's in a happy rev range to do so, almost like clutchless downshifting but without the rev blipping. Not something I'd continue to do without blipping the revs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can we create a MVICS sticky or something in the maintanance section, i've seen similar topics like this.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a 2016 RC 800 2nd series fitted with the latest 2.0 quickshifter.
Please does anybody know where in the UK i could get an aftermarket Re-map to enable my Downshift Autoblip to work.
Thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have a 2016 RC 800 2nd series fitted with the latest 2.0 quickshifter.
Please does anybody know where in the UK i could get an aftermarket Re-map to enable my Downshift Autoblip to work.
Thanks
As far as anyone knows there is no way to get the autoblip to work on ANY F3 without changing the ecu to the race ecu. As of right now there is NO software update dealers have to enable it on the F3. The software for any of the models that do have autoblip will not work on the F3. Everyone needs to ask there self why there would be some magical software update at dealers when no F3 (including the newest RC's) has ever left the factory with autoblip. Why distribute a software update to dealers when you don't even have it on the bikes that leave the factory? I don't think there are any aftermarket solutions confirmed to have autoblip with the exception of the factory race ecu.

·
Registered
451 Posts
2 points.
1. My manual says up and downshift works. (It only eorks for up though, regardless of manual).
2. My local dealer is getting race s/w soon, he is supplying 2 bikes to BSB. I will report back.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I quite like giving it a big ol' blip with my hand changing down the gears . Although I do love the quickshifter for going up, mainly the noise .

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I quite like giving it a big ol' blip with my hand changing down the gears . Although I do love the quickshifter for going up, mainly the noise .

+1 to that.

Especially when you've got an aftermarket pipe. The auto blip is extremely subtle, just enough to release pressure off the gear allowing it to shift. If your all expecting a brumm, brumm, brumm as you shift down your going to be disappointed.

I've got the autoblip feature and still like to do it myself sometimes just for nostalgia and the sheer hell of it :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
As far as anyone knows there is no way to get the autoblip to work on ANY F3 without changing the ecu to the race ecu. As of right now there is NO software update dealers have to enable it on the F3. The software for any of the models that do have autoblip will not work on the F3. Everyone needs to ask there self why there would be some magical software update at dealers when no F3 (including the newest RC's) has ever left the factory with autoblip. Why distribute a software update to dealers when you don't even have it on the bikes that leave the factory? I don't think there are any aftermarket solutions confirmed to have autoblip with the exception of the factory race ecu.
could you PLEASE stop distributing your "knowledge" if you don't know what you are talking about and only think?

1 - 20 of 112 Posts