MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that im finally back up north on the farm I only have internet thru 3g on my phone and its a real nightmare to deal with the internet and research obviously, did some searching and still have these questions as my bike is torn apart on the stand right now....
I have also decided im going to use the bike on the street occasionally instead of just a track bike, 500-1000miles of "fast" road/yr so mainly track....
14 f3 675 abs

-evap canister on the left side of bike ex the exhaust gas rebreather can and hoses etc, did you remove and buy block off plates somewhere?

-Exhaust servo valve, what all should I remove and unplug to avoid warning lights? Also with an ecu reflash can I just remove it all?

-who to mail ECU to for a reflash, want a 93oct tune with no speed limiters or emission crap

-STILL need a race header, that fits stock exhaust. (have an HP corse high mount no cat that fits the stock header so if I get header that fits stock muffler then it should work together)

-good quality mirror block off plates exist? the ones somebody posted like 3-4mo ago didn't fit well.

these are the major Hang ups right now while the bikes apart as I cant start putting it back together until this is sorted.
thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also might have a problem now I have the ohlins shock on, while it mechanically “fits” I have to remove a bottom portion of the abs box shield AND the major issue I think if someone can confirm, w both wheels off the ground is the rear center of the hub approx 2.5in HIGHER than the front????? As in, measuring from the ground to the center of axel the rear is 2.5in taller, meaning the bike will squat lower when compressed and ridden. Meaning 2.5in lower ride height
It sure seems like it sucked the rear 2.5in higher up into the bike now

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Are there any actual measurements involved here?

There should not be a change of ride height provided the shock is spec'd correctly.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
there is zero chance of me dealing with passerini again.

-I yanked the evap canister off the bike and will plug the one hose that runs to the airbox from it with a golf tee I suppose

-I pulled the entire exhaust and the exhaust servo from the connector down, can I cut the connector off and just seal up the end of the wires to reduce the clutter?

-emailed TuneEcu about doing the flash myself which it looks like I can do

-still having a hell of a time finding a race header that fits

-this is the only mirror block off plate ive found... https://www.designcorse.com/products/cnc-racing-mirror-blanks not sure if anyone has some fitment comments or unclose pics

looks like there is no ride height adjuster like there is on my ducatis, only adjust rear heigh by preload on these ttx36 I guess.
going on faith at this point but it did look like "hey, this thing is way up in the air now and looks different than before" but this has been after working while exhausted.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Ride height from the Manual...

...is adjusted by changing rear shock spring pre-load.

F3 Ride Height 1.jpg

F3 Ride Height 2.jpg

F3 Ride Height 3.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
449 Posts
my good sir, this is the exact stand you want....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorbike-Central-Stand-Paddock-Lift-ConStands-Power-MV-Agusta-F3-675-12-18/332488299380?epid=927262198&hash=item4d69d8d374:g:fZgAAOSwXaRaM6Su&vxp=mtr

I know the preload adjustment, all my ducatis have had actual ride heigh rods that adjust the height without effecting the actual shock travel. its unfortunate the mv isn't this way.
400lbs is a lot of weight to be cantilevered on two bolts.
But, I'm guessing it's ok for your needs?
How sturdy/stable is it compared to a stand that attaches to both sided of the bike?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sport Bike Track gear sells and exhaust servo eliminator. Plugs in where the exhaust servo does and gets rid of the trouble code on the instrument panel.

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/healtech-mv-agusta-f3-all-variants-all-years-exhaust-servo-eliminator/

Can just block off the evap hose line from canister to throttle body. Very little air passes through it so most likely no need for bleed air screw adjustment. It feeds to all three throttle bodies FYI but easiest to block off from the main feed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks

I ended up ordering the ecu studio kit for the tuning so hopefully I can just turn off the servo in that. plugging the evap line now by folding it over on itself and zip tieing

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does the bottom mounting point of your shock screw in and out? Most every aftermarket shock can be lengthened in this method. Did you measure the eye to eye length of the Öhlins and the stock shock before install to see if there was a difference? In my experience Ducati is the only brand with the ride height adjust rod. Everyone else either has to have the mounting points shimmed or the shock length physically adjusted.

Attached is an R1 Öhlins with the two nuts at the bottom for shock length/ride height adjustment.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
?

Did you measure the eye to eye length of the Öhlins and the stock shock before install to see if there was a difference? In my experience Ducati is the only brand with the ride height adjust rod.
PSST.....
Not very experienced......

All 1st Gen MVs have nicely machined alloy ride height adjusters.......
You bought a Criple......and they cut every corner they could

I was offered a killer deal on a T.V.......I'm so glad I didn't go for it

:grin2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts