MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went ahead and bought the Motolectric cables for my F3. A definite improvement over the stock wiring.

I'm confused on one thing though and hoping you all can assist. I've replaced the negative cable from battery to ground, which is at the rear of the bike on below the Sachs suspension. I've also replaced the positive cable from battery to solenoid.

The last negative cable I'm not quite sure which one it's for. Is this to replace the second negative cable that was connected to the battery, or is this for the cable from the solenoid to the starter?

ETA: Based on everything I've read the new cables should replace the ones for battery to ground, battery to solenoid, solenoid to starter. I'm unsure what this second negative cable that was connected to the battery is for. I assume this does not need to be replaced also?

·
Super Moderator
22,721 Posts
You are correct.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would ask just as soon as I'd already got the battery box and cabling hooked up. Yeah I'm not taking that stuff apart again, but I can show you the finished install.

Motolectric quality is top notch, however I think the cables Mike made for the F3 are too long. I'm guessing he made these off of measurements submitted by someone. The stock cables are generally at least 1-2 inches shorter. I'm going to email him about this. I still have the old ones that I ripped out; maybe I can send them to him to correct his measurements. It took me a while to find adequate space for the extra slack. The last challenge was getting the fuel tank to fit back on top so that's why I've run the cabling like you see in the picture.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts