MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
attempted ecu studio, sending it back, its for people with dyno or are professional tuners.... not happening, going to brick my ecu attempting to flash it 1000% not going to go any further.

bike is 14' 675 f3 abs, has race filter and full exhaust, will be run on 93oct (America) gasoline only, would like all emissions stuff disabled and the bike fully "uncorked" It will see max 2000 hard use miles. No other engine related mods are planned.

Who can I mail my ecu to for a flash? nobody around here has a dyno, if nobody is flashing ecu's maybe I just ship the bike somewhere to get broken in and dyno tuned. (bike hasn't been driven at all yet)

totally stuck now, everything else is back together.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you say ECU studio is for professional tuners only?
impossible to use read and understand, its only a base to start building off of. I need a turn key plug and play and go racing solution. I emailed ecu unleashed

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
he's changed his website now to Real estate now. sure looks like he gave up with bikes...

*gave the ecu studio a final try with the help of Dansoarr and it appears to have uploaded a mv factory map for their "kit"
now trying to get the mechanical parts to have a blipping function working.
going to re assemble the bike and see if it runs ok

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My pleasure to assist. Glad we are sorted.

I've sent you an email about the blipper and throttle mapping.

Cheers

Reactions: GCBC

·
Registered
626 Posts
he's changed his website now to Real estate now. sure looks like he gave up with bikes...

*gave the ecu studio a final try with the help of Dansoarr and it appears to have uploaded a mv factory map for their "kit"
now trying to get the mechanical parts to have a blipping function working.
going to re assemble the bike and see if it runs ok

He is still in the bikes and has a new website being done, he is also expanding into Aprilia.. I am very happy with his tune and the quality of his parts. Hopefully he gets his customer service where the level of parts are.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im looking for something as well, Its hard to understand what you getting based on the ECU studio site. If your really only getting a tunable maps i'm running rapid bike and I have full control already. There seems to be no one local that will dyno tune a MV on the east coast to get a solid base map....

FYI don't ever use REDLINE motorsports on the east coast they literally have no idea what they are doing and stole 2k from me. The owner gets sued all the time in pubic court records.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
@mgucci
It's not overly clear I agree. The maps from ECU studio are the maps from MV. So you have the maps they ship withe the base, RR, RC and kit (race) ECUs. Each ROM includes all the latest updates that MV have in thier ROMs, e.g changes to TC and IMU.

Clearly the you have discrete control over the individual maps and parameters as well as access to options that were only in kit ROMs such as Blipper and disabling of exhaust valve and O2 and the control over the RBW throttle mapping .

As with all systems be them OEM or aftermarket, unless you tune on the bike with your engine and exhaust, it's always an approximation. If you want absolute performance then you need to Dyno as a 1st step. Personally I Dyno then play predominantly with throttle mapping for each rider and track at the track.

I think the basis or theory behind ECUStudio is that it is a studio of tools. Apart from the ability to flash, it gives you access to the CAN bus signals, including the those that are encoded by MV. All of these can be logged for analysis and fault tracking. While tuning you can also watch live data on the tables\maps so you can get immediate feedback on the actual parameters and maps being used.

Some of these tools are clearly of more appeal to individuals that wish to, or need to optimise the bike for performance.

You can use it like a Power Commander and just load a kit ROM to access a derestricted map and ECU options. If someone shares a map with you that they have tuned for a specific exhaust, air filter etc you can also load that, the owness is always (as with Power commanders etc) to ensure your bike is safe ie not running lean, and rev limits have not been increased etc.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got it, thats what I thought it was so I never pursued a refresh. It looks like I just need to fins someone willing to dyno tune since I have the set up to get it done.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just to pick-up on what Dansoarr is saying. I have ECU studio installed on my 2013 F4RR with Termi full system and now QS/Blipper all operational. Fan was also updated to come on earlier and now the bike runs cooler (important here in Singapore)
Whereas I agree that going to a Dyno is the best course of action I have yet to do this as I find the current map and the additional tweaks we have made work perfectly, the bike runs very smooth, no flat spots and more power (at least it feels like it)
I just wouldnt be put off if you dont have access to a Dyno as I am very happy with the results and would recommend ECU Studio without hesitation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im looking for something as well, Its hard to understand what you getting based on the ECU studio site. If your really only getting a tunable maps i'm running rapid bike and I have full control already. There seems to be no one local that will dyno tune a MV on the east coast to get a solid base map....

FYI don't ever use REDLINE motorsports on the east coast they literally have no idea what they are doing and stole 2k from me. The owner gets sued all the time in pubic court records.

I am currently looking at a reliable outfit to flash my ECU for my 2014 Rivale. By chance, are you referring to David at REXXER when you mention Redline Motorsports?

I do have a technical question, or questions!! If I send my ECU off to get a new Map burned in, do I then need to then take the bike in to have the TPS and APS reset after I re-install the ECU? And, given the current 4 ECU modes available on the Rivale (Rain, Normal, Sport & Custom) if a tuner writes a new map to the ECU is it embedded in one of the modes, all the modes, or are do they add a new mode? With all of the options I am confused as to where the new and improved Map resides and how it is accessed by the Rivale menu interface.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I do have a technical question, or questions!! If I send my ECU off to get a new Map burned in, do I then need to then take the bike in to have the TPS and APS reset after I re-install the ECU? And, given the current 4 ECU modes available on the Rivale (Rain, Normal, Sport & Custom) if a tuner writes a new map to the ECU is it embedded in one of the modes, all the modes, or are do they add a new mode? With all of the options I am confused as to where the new and improved Map resides and how it is accessed by the Rivale menu interface.
If you flash the ECU direct, they flash the base maps for fuel, ignition etc. This is the optimum map or maps. Each of the modes change or limit in one way or another this base map. E.g change max load, throttle response etc.

You should still have only the 4 standard maps and you access them in the same way.

I've not had to reset the TPS on the eldor ECU.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Rexxer sucks, at least from experience..

ECU Studios, mapped by Passerini performance is what I am using, and I must say the tune is spot on.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
So I just recently completed my first flash with ECU studio. Once you know it, it is extremely simple and intuitive. A remap takes seconds and makes you wonder why the dealer struggles so much with the Texa.

Huge shout out to Arron (dansoarr) , Nephalem and Kevjayney who helped me out understanding how it works. The support on this forum is second to none and is great to be part of the MV user family.

Luca from ECU Studio also sorted out his ticket system so he's on the ball now with tech support! He even answered an email on a Sunday within an hour so huge thanks to him for the effort!

Ill do a write-up and lots of pics of my experience with it and how to setup the blipper function on the 3-cylinder bikes. Will be in the next few weeks, overall Im very happy with ECU studio, they did a great job!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Luca told me that there will be a sale with some % off shortly before christmas.

So you can count me in :smile2:.

I do not know if you have seen that video. There is so much potential in the 3 cylinder bikes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts