MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needless to say my insurance company had no idea what an MV Agusta F3 was and the VIN did not show up in their system. We went with the year, make, model, displacement approach.

Much to my disbelief to place the same coverage on the F3 will cost me 20% more than the 2007 MV Agusta F4 1000 SENNA with $6,000 extra coverage for the extra parts on the SENNA (I currently have 2 bikes this would be a 3rd bike on the same policy).

the SENNA is 5 years old but it still worth more than the F3, it has a high displacement. I think they are running the quote based on other 600cc bikes (Japs) and not taking into account what this F3 is.

Any one else run into this sort of thing?

·
Registered
352 Posts
My insurance company could not look it up either, they asked me the following:
1. Year, make, model, cc
2. VIN
I was quoted $550 in MA. This includes comprehensive+collision, $1k deductible most limits are 50/100...and needlees to say, my record is not the cleanest :laughing:

I think within a few months, after the industry auto websites (like NADA) have the F3's details, it would be easier for these companies to look it up.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yep, same problem. Though it was still pretty inexpensive for me. Came out to a wallet busting $176.20 per year with $100 deductable.

·
Registered
947 Posts
State Farm and full coverage. Can't remember exact coverage off the top of my head but can look later.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll call again, and get other quotes.
Mine was $1,000 per year with $500 deductible 50/100/300 thousand (whatever the order they go in).

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am in northern Maryland. Honestly, I don't know why its so low but that's what they quoted me when I added the F3 to my policy yesterday. I do have several cars and trucks insured as well as home owners and life insurance policies with them which nets me some nice discounts but I don't recall the exact percentage.

·
Registered
547 Posts
wow I had my lif3ee car and house insurance with statefarm and I was still paying 180.0 With a clean record.

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
Try Dairyland.....they specialize in bikes and have great coverage.....and service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts