MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that some F3's have arrived in Australia so I'm assuming they can't be too far away from NZ. I tried emailing the sales manager (on MVAgusta.co.nz) but I got an out-of-office message back saying he's away until August :wtf:. I sent an email to the Triumph NZ contact in his email so we'll see what happens.
Do any of my fellow Kiwis have any information?

Thanks
Chris

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
4 Month Smoko

We have an MV distributor in New Zealand???????????
Yes Chris you do, but it seems he is out of the office until August. :jsm:

Joking aside, we are very fortunate to now have a fair dinkum importer in Australia - there's still some dickwad dealers around tranishing the MV brand but it is way better than it was.

I have a great dealer (Trooper Lu's Garage) on top of an excellent importer - so very happy indeed. This is the type of dealer network that they are trying to grow here.

I know from my conversations with Dave, it's difficult in NZ -and that's being kind. It's shame really because the passion you Kiwis display for the brand is pretty bloody amazing, you'd think the opportunitry would be there to trade off that!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
......actually I was a bit annoyed Dallas(Redline) didn't talk to me before he sold NZ Dist rights to the current distributor, I would have taken it on in the blink of an eye....now I don't really wanna know the NZ MV importers, have not been happy, :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
......actually I was a bit annoyed Dallas(Redline) didn't talk to me before he sold NZ Dist rights to the current distributor, I would have taken it on in the blink of an eye....now I don't really wanna know the NZ MV importers, have not been happy, :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yep, I pretty much don't bother trying to go through our distributor. As Dave (The Castle) knows, I tried to get a standard rear sprocket, they said yeah sure NZD$595.00 then later on said that there would be a 2.5 month wait.

Seriously, for a rear sprocket??!!!

That's just one example. Wouldn't mind having the Aussie Dist take over NZ with the kind of setup that a lot of companies have. Ah well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Information received from Leigh Beckhaus at Triumph NZ. Interestingly (or maybe not) Red Baron Auckland is not on their dealer list:

"Hi Chris,

Thanks for your enquiry.

We have the Series One arriving early next month, all pre-sold. Standard units will be arriving late June. We haven’t got a launch planned yet, if we do one it will most likely be press only.

Best idea is to contact one of our dealers for updates or follow our website and facebook page. Or I am happy to pass your contact details on to a chosen dealer. Dealer list is attached.

Cheers
Leigh"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting, I was in Red Baron on Saturday and was still told to expect delivery around mid-May. But Nick was going to call Triumph NZ this week to try and confirm a date. Hopefully it's not late June!!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spoke to Nick at Red Baron yesterday, the first F3 ORO has landed and will be in store for a few days for those that want to perve.... Which means our ones will not be far behind!!!!

wooohoooo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey all, just heard from Nick at Red Baron that the bikes will be due in 8 weeks time. Yes thats right September :-( Well thats for the black/white models, the red ones may be getting here slightly sooner.

Let the waiting continue......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one on order & deposit paid here in Mount Maunganui, Owen assures me they will be arriving last week in July and the first stock of red/silver are all pre-sold.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one on order & deposit paid here in Mount Maunganui, Owen assures me they will be arriving last week in July and the first stock of red/silver are all pre-sold.
Lets hope your info is more accurate than mine! Although mine being white is on the second shipment. Hey at least ours will come with the correct mapping and updates!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Let us know how you go and keep in touch if you want to go for a ride at all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will do. I think it'll be sensible for all of us NZ F3-ers to know each other & share stuff. There will never be many of these ever things reach NZ, the agents you can count on one hand, and knowing each other we're essentially a collective - and that is to our advantage.

I do have one confession re my purchase - my better-half doesn't actually know about mine...yet. She's out of the country until end of July teaching. I ordered after she left and I haven't had the nunga-nunga's to tell her via email...I'm gonna be in really big man trouble :))))

·
Registered
814 Posts
LMAO! love your style mate, good luck with that one. Hopefully it will arrive before she gets back, then you can try and pass off that you won it through a competition or something until it no longer shows on the bank statement :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts