MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ah you didn’t say how much compression you were using ok. It seems like most OEM forks leave much to be desired in the dampening department.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The front end is well known to be lacking damping and in many cases spring rates appropriate for track use. There are several cart drop in kits available. I think there are two on the Reparto Course parts site. The Andreani and Ohlins 30mm cart kits. The other cart kits that are very highly recommended is the K-Tech DDS and the Ohlins FGR (gas charged).

I'm very much an Ohlins guy, but decided to give the K-Tech a try on my current gen R-1. They performs as good or better than the Ohlins FGR carts in my Ohlins RT fork equipped RSV4 and 848. IMO the first best thing to do to the F3 is get the suspension setup for the rider. If it is revalved and sprung or cartridges is up to you, but it will change the bike dramatically.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Alright so the woodcraft is 5/8in taller than oem and appears to be the highest. Going to have to go custom fix here

·
Registered
640 Posts
So is this just a "comfort" thing for you on trying to get the rearsets higher?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
So is this just a "comfort" thing for you on trying to get the rearsets higher?
My knees are right on the frame rail/lower where they should be up a solid 3-4inches on the actually lower portion of the tank. you cannot squeeze the bike at all in the position in im and ive been riding on my tip toes with ankles fully extended to try and hold my legs up so far. it is terrible. im 6ft 1in and I have no clue how shorter guys can ride it at all on the track.

I was thinking with the woodcrafts peg with an eccentric circle, we could just make a new peg or cut the circle off the peg itself and weld it up further on an extension.

for a ghetto quick fix I might try having someone weld a regular tube peg to the top of the oem peg platform so I get the extra inch, will look shit but do exactly whats needed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My knees are right on the frame rail/lower where they should be up a solid 3-4inches on the actually lower portion of the tank. you cannot squeeze the bike at all in the position in im and ive been riding on my tip toes with ankles fully extended to try and hold my legs up so far. it is terrible. im 6ft 1in and I have no clue how shorter guys can ride it at all on the track.

I was thinking with the woodcrafts peg with an eccentric circle, we could just make a new peg or cut the circle off the peg itself and weld it up further on an extension.

for a ghetto quick fix I might try having someone weld a regular tube peg to the top of the oem peg platform so I get the extra inch, will look shit but do exactly whats needed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNz6KAvLP0o
awesome! thanks!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts