MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this headlight protector out yet? Looks low profile which I like.

Not sure how I feel about the 3m dual lock on a motorcycle though ...

You can also get tinted covers, think someone was asking about a solid black cover in another thread.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
My experience with 3M Dual Lock is that it is robust stuff. I've used it to attach my garage door opener to various motorcycles without issue. It seems to lock together in a way that it takes some serious force to disengage.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Of all the things one would never need. A protector for the headlight on a sportsbike :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Anyone tried this headlight protector out yet? Looks low profile which I like.

Not sure how I feel about the 3m dual lock on a motorcycle though ...

You can also get tinted covers, think someone was asking about a solid black cover in another thread.
Be careful with those protectors, with H4 Bulbs, the headlight plexyglass may overheat, resulting into the opposite effect than the one expected (I saw many occurence of headlights to be replaced on Street Triple forums, and the feedback from the owners is avoiding to glue anything on the glass and to avoid protectors, unless you have a led headlight).

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful with those protectors, with H4 Bulbs, the headlight plexyglass may overheat, resulting into the opposite effect than the one expected (I saw many occurence of headlights to be replaced on Street Triple forums, and the feedback from the owners is avoiding to glue anything on the glass and to avoid protectors, unless you have a led headlight).
Thanks for this insight, not something I thought about.

I have a clear film on my Toyota Hilux LED headlights and it works perfect, but they do not get hot at all. Was planning on something similar for my F3 if I didn't go with a hard poly carbonate protector. I'm using HIDs on my F3, will feel the temperature after a ride to evaluate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts