MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I have a 2014 F3 800. As part of the negotiation package, my dealer installed a titanium header leaving the beautiful stock tail pipe intact.

He claimed this MV titanium header is made specifically for the 800 and is not taken from the F3 675 accessories. Exhaust valve warning light was disabled. The mechanic told me the valve was left within the fairing. Stock ECU was used. We tried the race ECU unsuccessfully. With the race ECU, the engine response was totally unpredictable. However, with the stock ECU (and stock air filter), we saw no difference in terms of engine response. Without the cat the sound was slightly more raucous. Love it.

While I have no problem after 7 months, the claim that the header is specifically made for the 800 bothers me because I've never found an MV F3 800 headers in the MV website or anywhere.

I still believe this is the 675 header. Since the valve sizes, block and cylinder bores are the same for both 675 and 800, it shouldn't matter significantly especially if you're not racing. Has any other 800 owners fitted a 675 header into their bikes so far or MV really makes headers for the F3 800?

Would appreciate you guys enlightening me on this. Thanks in advance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
I asked MV via the web site about exhaust options for the F3 800 and was told on 14th July

"We are preparing the free exhaust kit and the Special parts ECU for F3 800, we are defining the mapping and it will be a titanium system with high performances."

·
Registered
372 Posts
far enough for the road use !!

The race ECU is for the blip down shifts and other TC coupled with lean angles and gear engaged. Complicated to program without "race" the machine.

On my F3 675,I have installed a Termi Carbon long header (with a dB killer removeable), using the stock ECU and N mapping , the torque is upgraded on all revs and the peak power is steeper:mouthwate
The noise is lowered with low tone . I have to test without the killer.:drummer:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The race ECU is for the blip down shifts and other TC coupled with lean angles and gear engaged. Complicated to program without "race" the machine.

On my F3 675,I have installed a Termi Carbon long header (with a dB killer removeable), using the stock ECU and N mapping , the torque is upgraded on all revs and the peak power is steeper:mouthwate
The noise is lowered with low tone . I have to test without the killer.:drummer:
Did you get any code from the stock ECU for not having the exhaust butterfly attached?

·
Registered
372 Posts
No , the cat and butterfly are attached, it's better for the lower range of revs. I have just test this morning , for the first time, a run without the killer:

From 2000 to 4000 N map, is very poor of torque, almost stalling at first attempt.
Above 5000, the sond level increase as the torque comes back, and there a huge step at 10000.
The acceleration is quiet faster, I reach 265 on the dash after 10" exiting from a second gear corner:mouthwate

I think , I 'll ride like this until a track day, here the levels are at 94dB in static mode, that's why I bough the slip-on. No regrets at all!!:yo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts