MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

What is your general opinion on the F3 675 gearing?

I did my first few track days with the bike (my first track days in general) and feel that the bike is geared way too tall?

I'm thinking of adding a tooth on the rear and dropping one on the front and going with a 520 chain (Did X ring)?

Is a 520 still reliable enough for a weekend bike (50:50 track:street)?

Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
520 is more than enough. Over the course of my last 3 bikes two of which were liter bikes I ran a 520 setup on each (steel/steel) and got the same life as OEM.

·
Registered
357 Posts
We are running +2 on the rear of the 675 we use at the track I'm contemplating going +1 on the rear of the 800. The tracks we run don't have enough straight to get to the top end of the 800 but I would like about a 3-5% increase over what I have. It would help on two of my main tracks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
We are running +2 on the rear of the 675 we use at the track I'm contemplating going +1 on the rear of the 800. The tracks we run don't have enough straight to get to the top end of the 800 but I would like about a 3-5% increase over what I have. It would help on two of my main tracks.
Coming to Putnam any time soon?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I always thought gearing was dependant on the track, as in length of straights and 'tightness' of corners. Fast tracks have different gearing than tight tracks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I always thought gearing was dependant on the track, as in length of straights and 'tightness' of corners. Fast tracks have different gearing than tight tracks.
It is but that is for your acceleration/speed. But you can also play with chain length and wheel base, etc, etc to impact your handling. Made more complicated by the eccentric adjuster on the MVs hub impacting your ride height as well.

Most people don't need to worry about this. I certainly don't!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts