MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys Im not sure if this is a big problem or something common.

I got my bike now for 2/3 weeks and rode in for 200km ONLY(thanks bad weather)

Sunday I went for a short ride nothing wrong enjoying the most beautiful bike ever build and on the way back home I fueled her up.

Monday morning I had to take my bike out of garage so my father could get his scooter out(only used key to get it off steeringlock, didnt engaged the bike). No problems so far. It hasn't ridden this day.

Today tuesday morning same thing I get the motor out of garage same as usual BUT I smelled gasoline.:jsm:
No leaks, no drips on floor. Cant really see any wet spots on the bike itself or in the belly panel.

So I called my dealership and they said it could be a pressurevalve that releases pressure from the gasoline tank.
Why didnt I smell something on Monday, and suddenly on Tuesday their is a gasoline smell?

I'd like to know if any of u F3 owners also smell this from time to time, or am I in big trouble?

I always warm the bike up before riding, start slow to let the engine get use to temperatures than start riding normal to a max of 7000RPM where I can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The gas tank has a pressure valve, is so much fumes and pressure builds up, it'll release fumes through the valve and make you smell gasoline. Many different things play a part in it. Temperature being one of the big culprits. If it is warmer one day than the other, the warmer day may build up more pressure. The pressure in the surrounding environment can play a part. If you had a problem with a fuel leak, you'd have smelled it on Monday and not just Tuesday, so most likely, what your dealer said should be a good answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts