MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I currently have a brutale 920... It's great! However I always dreamt of owning a sports bike. Tried the F3 and it felt very nice, smooth and the throttle response was like a dream! The looks is awesome as well! I drove it around town for 2 days and seemed quiet ok!
I mainly use my bike for daily commuting, which does include some fair amount of twisties and mountain roads.

I just want to know if there are lots of f3, f4 owners who rode their bikes for daily commuting!

Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
Not me. I use to use my ZX6-R for commuting and that was a bit of a pain. having clocked up 400+ miles in the last 2 days on the F3, in all sorts, then jumping on my little Monster M600, I can safely say. Not a chance. The MV whilst much better with the new maps is still a bu&&er at low speeds. The Zx6 was annoying for riding position on the wrists, the MV seems to load my shoulders more. But one you get fatigued, the bike still won't pull cleanly at commuting speeds in 5th or 6th.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I use mine a few days a week on average for commuting and have done some good touring trips on it without complaint. A more comfortable riding position than the many other sports bikes I've owned.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't daily commute but I'm still trying to figure the best gear to ride at doing 50-60 kph. I was using 3rd in "N" mode and when the bike is cold that works fine. When hot I have to relax my right hand as any micro movement gives immediate input. Now trying 1st - 2nd but that just makes me want to pin it.

What set up do you use for slow riding in traffic around town.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use my F3 most weekdays on a 10 minute trip to the train station, which includes a brief 100km/h squirt, and it certainly is enjoyable. However I haven't had the chance to upgrade the map to the latest one, so assume it will be smoother once that's done.
I've only twice ridden the full 1hr45min trip to the office in Sydney Traffic and didn't find it that enjoyable in the stop/start traffic even when lane filtering.
It depends on your commuting environment really, but I enjoy riding it everywhere except in the traffic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts