MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Anyone install a slipper on the F3? Any difference or do I jus need more clutch control and rev matching?

·
Registered
408 Posts
the 800s come with a mechanical one, early 675s had an electronic one as standard, took some getting used too

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I would hardly call the engine braking software an electronic slipper clutch. It just reduces the feel of engine braking. As far as Im aware they never did away with it either? Why do you say only the early bikes had it Ceepee?

I fitted the MV slipper clutch to my 675 (its the one on the accessories part of the MV.it website). It comes with a full clutch friction and steel disk of which you only need an additional friction disk to make the slipper work (so you can keep the others as replacement spares if you wear out your clutch).

It works great, but you can still do track days fine without out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would hardly call the engine braking software an electronic slipper clutch. It just reduces the feel of engine braking. As far as Im aware they never did away with it either? Why do you say only the early bikes had it Ceepee?

I fitted the MV slipper clutch to my 675 (its the one on the accessories part of the MV.it website). It comes with a full clutch friction and steel disk of which you only need an additional friction disk to make the slipper work (so you can keep the others as replacement spares if you wear out your clutch).

It works great, but you can still do track days fine without out.
What he said - big improvement over the stock clutch...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone install a slipper on the F3? Any difference or do I just need more clutch control and rev matching?
Yes, I got mine from designcorse.com and it really makes a difference.

Corran

·
Registered
110 Posts
The standard electronic engine braking is not good at the track unless you like the bike accelerating on it's own when you are trying to slow down. Seriously.
Turn it off and blip the good old fashioned way and it's fine.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
My electronic engine braking works perfectly in sport, but not so much in custom (has that run on feeling). This is with the last fuel map update (Feb 2014).

In sport combined with the slipper it really feels like riding a 2t (perfection).

FYI; on the B3, its difficult to ride without the electronic reduced engine braking (from the sport map), its like hitting a brick wall every time you close the throttle without it;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts