MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

According to the MV factory, a new mapping Nr.46 will be available in the next few days : this mapping reputedly will solve all the problems,!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget mapping Nr.43 ( some of you might already have this map installed), as this unfortunately didn't fix the issues reported by F3 owners.

I've heard that mapping Nr.46 shall be the final mapping.

Lets see next week from the F3 owners out there if this map cures the issues..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just had 46 installed today by MV tech at my dealer. Only a short spin home of 6km through heavy slow traffic and seem better. Will try take out tomorrow and over the w-end get a better ideal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just had 46 installed today by MV tech at my dealer. Only a short spin home of 6km through heavy slow traffic and seem better. Will try take out tomorrow and over the w-end get a better ideal.
Is it sure that 46 is that final mapping ? I will get my mapping on the weekend to and I then want to make sure my dealer ist using the final map and not the pre mapping....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it sure that 46 is that final mapping ? I will get my mapping on the weekend to and I then want to make sure my dealer ist using the final map and not the pre mapping....
HI,

could someone confirm that the number 0406S045 is the newest mapping ? This is the only mapping my dealer has and knows about....

Cheers

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UK F3 Owners

I was up at Forza Italia in Silverstone this afternoon and discussing with Iain about when this new final installation map will be available..

Apparently, they and some other UK MV dealers are waiting for the diagnostic connectivity lead to be dispatched and this new map to be made available..

Bruce was up there talking to Martin, and I didn't want to stop him in mid flow. Maybe next time we're catch up when there is more time..

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I was up at Forza Italia in Silverstone this afternoon and discussing with Iain about when this new final installation map will be available..

Apparently, they and some other UK MV dealers are waiting for the diagnostic connectivity lead to be dispatched and this new map to be made available..

Bruce was up there talking to Martin, and I didn't want to stop him in mid flow. Maybe next time we're catch up when there is more time..

Why did you not introduce yourself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Map number 45 is the latest update. Installed yesterday. The improvement is remarkable. No more stalling, pulls cleanly from idle, no coughing and spluttering.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all to those who have tried the new mapping. I currently have a brutale 1090rr which I am selling for a sports bike. I need this bike to do everything from commuting to weekend blasts and to track days. I took the BMW S1000rr out for a few hours last week and was seriously impressed how versatile and comfortable this bike was. I thought a bike for all purposes. I will be test riding the F3 next week so will am interested to see how it goes as it's clearly an awesome looking bike.

So you can see that my question is with the latest mapping do you think this is a bike you could use for all purposes or will it in reality be hard work through city streets.

Thanks guys, appreciate your views.

·
Registered
23 Posts
middo the s1000rr is a way better all rounder bike, the s1000rr imo is the best bike in then world for the fact is does everything great. the f3 is pretty much the most raced focused production bike around, if u want something to be comfortable and versatile, then the f3 isnt what your looking for, its focus is sport riding which i think is pretty obvious.

·
Registered
48 Posts
middo the s1000rr is a way better all rounder bike, the s1000rr imo is the best bike in then world for the fact is does everything great. the f3 is pretty much the most raced focused production bike around, if u want something to be comfortable and versatile, then the f3 isnt what your looking for, its focus is sport riding which i think is pretty obvious.
Thanks for your views. This has been my thinking. I will still test ride to confirm to myself. There is part of me that loves the F3 and will no doubt love the character of the engine and note it produces.

But I unless I want extra bikes in the garage then I am swaying to the S1000 .... I just like using my bikes everyday rather than just on weekends etc ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for your views. This has been my thinking. I will still test ride to confirm to myself. There is part of me that loves the F3 and will no doubt love the character of the engine and note it produces.

But I unless I want extra bikes in the garage then I am swaying to the S1000 .... I just like using my bikes everyday rather than just on weekends etc ...

A friend of mine has an S1000RR and this are his opinions. He owned pretty much all of the extreme sportsbikes from the recent past (F4, 1098, R6, ....) and so did i. He told me the S1000RR is surprisingly comfortable when you start to learn the bike. But taking it out for a long run it is one of the most exhausting bikes he ever had. The combination of the seat and the overkill of power makes it not an easy bike. I had the opprtunity to sit on it whilst standing still on both the F3 and the S1000RR and i have to admit, the F3 is way more comfortable and has a much more upright position in comparison to the Beemer. You really have to dive down to get the clip-ons on the S1000RR. It is in his opinion not an option for daily rides up to work....

·
Registered
48 Posts
A friend of mine has an S1000RR and this are his opinions. He owned pretty much all of the extreme sportsbikes from the recent past (F4, 1098, R6, ....) and so did i. He told me the S1000RR is surprisingly comfortable when you start to learn the bike. But taking it out for a long run it is one of the most exhausting bikes he ever had. The combination of the seat and the overkill of power makes it not an easy bike. I had the opprtunity to sit on it whilst standing still on both the F3 and the S1000RR and i have to admit, the F3 is way more comfortable and has a much more upright position in comparison to the Beemer. You really have to dive down to get the clip-ons on the S1000RR. It is in his opinion not an option for daily rides up to work....
Interesting feedback thanks. S1000rr is brutal when you twist the throttle quickly there is no doubt about that. I took it out for 2 hours including through town and twisties in a national park and loved it. In saying that it would take me some time to get used to all that power.

I will be interested and will keep an open mind when I ride the F3 next week. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Interesting feedback thanks. S1000rr is brutal when you twist the throttle quickly there is no doubt about that. I took it out for 2 hours including through town and twisties in a national park and loved it. In saying that it would take me some time to get used to all that power.

I will be interested and will keep an open mind when I ride the F3 next week. Thanks for the feedback.
I owned an S1000RR for two seasons, I had mixed imotions about the bike:

I fitted a full akrapovic system............you also need to fit a PCV although BMW say it's not required, the bike will still target emmissions regs without the PCV and fitting one makes a massive difference.

The bike is ballistic, 120mph+ in 3rd and the front will just lift, luckily the electronics will take care of you and keep you safe :)

ABS is real good, it will NEVER interfere on a dry day except to put the rear wheel back down when in sport mode (won't do this in race mode)

I traded an 09 R1 in for it and on the demo ride my first thought was ''gutless in the mid range''................it's a very odd feeling, I used to swap between the S1000RR and my mates 2010 F4, the MV ''felt'' like it would trounce the BMW, but side by side it never ever did, any gear, any speed, any rpm.

Now the 'bad' bits:

Some real nasty bits:

Rear subframe for one, looks like it was made in my shed!!
Nasty/cheap levers and rearsets:

Worst of all was the vibration, mine was a 2010 model, now they have apparantly fixed it on the 2012 bikes.
Some never notice it and wonder what the fuss is all about, I don't know whether that is difference in bikes or people riding them?

Mine was crap on the vibes, I changed the bars, fitted heavier bar weights but it was still there.

You will not notice it on a test ride............I didn't.

The vibes got me when going through 30/40mph limits ( and whether it's not designed for that (like the F3) we all go through them on our ride outs))..........and worse when it was cold.

The vibes are at around 3200rpm, if you have the bike stationary and hold the rpm at this the RH footrest guard will dissapear with the vibes.

My RH fingers would go numb through towns and long 40mph limits, I thought it was me but searching the forums there were a lot of people having the same issue.

Forget the legendary BMW build quality..................BMW have :naughty:

But saying all that it is still one hell of a great bike :):)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looking for others' opinions is always good before making a major purchase, but it will always come down to what YOU want. How you could rightfully compare an S1000RR with the F3 is amusing to me - they are quite different in purpose. The BMW is trading on their name, outrageous engine performance and a competitive price in the category, while the F3 is all about their racing legacy and the most integrated design (best of any current machine on the market). The two bikes will feel totally different to ride and that would be expected. If you want a litrebike, why not expand your search to the RSV4 or Panigale?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You were chatting to Martin and I didn't want to be rude and interrupt..

However, I did quickly say bye too you both when I left.

I only realised it was you Bruce on my way out when I saw the Trumpet parked outside.

Next time.

Yes I do remember saying a brief goodbye, you were with a another gentleman (very tall!!)
Looks as though the new mapping is going to make a difference, on the ride home it did not cause to much of a problem other than passing a bus near home with plenty of room there was a lack of power for a second or two, which was not comfortable, with oncoming car approaching. Will have to bear that in mind until the update has been installed.
Look forward to meeting up some time. Bruce

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking for others' opinions is always good before making a major purchase, but it will always come down to what YOU want. How you could rightfully compare an S1000RR with the F3 is amusing to me - they are quite different in purpose. The BMW is trading on their name, outrageous engine performance and a competitive price in the category, while the F3 is all about their racing legacy and the most integrated design (best of any current machine on the market). The two bikes will feel totally different to ride and that would be expected. If you want a litrebike, why not expand your search to the RSV4 or Panigale?
Thanks for all the comments guys - always good to hear the views. Yes both are very different bikes, I am open anything which I like the look of and makes me want to jump on and ride. Love the look of the Panigale but at $33k in Aus is more than I want to spend. I took the zx10r for a ride the other day which I quite liked but found the gearing too tall and ego's more aggressive than the s1000rr .... Look fwd to testing the f3 ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts