MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals.

Can anyone tell me if the wheel nut is the same on an F4 as an F3. I want to order a wheel socket but there are very few listed for the F3 (just cheap nasty ones) but there are plenty of quality ones listed for the F4.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I was 17 I rode my bicycle to Llangollen. On the following morning I rode it up the Horseshoe Pass and had an epic time freewheeling down,,
Then I rode back to Birmingham and carried on lol

I used to do a lot of cycling, then I found you could get them with engines, much easier and faster ;o)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
14,419 Posts
wheel socket?

GreenyF3800Ago;

you want to get one with the 1/2" square drive all the way through....

so you can torque the wheel nut from the left side.....

torque wrenches are 50% more accurate going clockwise

:drummer:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GreenyF3800Ago;

you want to get one with the 1/2" square drive all the way through....

so you can torque the wheel nut from the left side.....

torque wrenches are 50% more accurate going clockwise

:drummer:
So the wheel nut can be tightened from either side?

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
If you use an extension through the axle...yes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhhh now i see what you mean, i was confused for a while (easily done). Thanks for that, i have ordered an Oberon wheel socket, i'm not sure if the drive hole goes all the way through. I take it the nut on the right-hand side is left hand thread?

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Yes, that is correct Greeny.

·
Registered
14,419 Posts
socket?

Chris;

using a 1/2" drive 10" extension on a socket with a through hole will allow you to torque the wheel nut from the lefthand side of the bike affectively reversing the direction of the lefthand threads.....making a SnapOn torque wrench 50% more accurate

I have an alloy 55mm socket to remove the wheel nut with an air wrench, I use a steel 55mm socket to torque the nuts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris;

using a 1/2" drive 10" extension on a socket with a through hole will allow you to torque the wheel nut from the lefthand side of the bike affectively reversing the direction of the lefthand threads.....making a SnapOn torque wrench 50% more accurate

I have an alloy 55mm socket to remove the wheel nut with an air wrench, I use a steel 55mm socket to torque the nuts
Thanks Noel. Think i'll invest in a 55mm impact socket to use with my impact gun.

·
Registered
14,419 Posts
Thanks Noel. Think i'll invest in a 55mm impact socket to use with my impact gun.
NO;
the MV 55mm socket is tapered and its a 12 point too

I use an alloy socket on my air gun.......the steel socket is too hard on the nut

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts

·
Registered
14,419 Posts
Chuck;
the problem with the SpeedyMoto 55mm/26mm socket is that the 1/2" drive doesn't go all the way through

a year ago I contacted SpeedyMoto about this when I returned my 55/26 because the 26 didn't fit the front axle nut.....

"they were going to look into it" in other words 'piss off and die'

I have 4, 55mm tapered sockets......only one doesn't have the 1/2" drive all the way through......the 55/26 from SpeedyMoto, their regular 55mm tapered one does

:jerkoff:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Im much more a visual learner. Can you gents post a picture of the dudat and whatnot that goes in and out the reverse side. Sorry to be so green.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Im much more a visual learner. Can you gents post a picture of the dudat and whatnot that goes in and out the reverse side. Sorry to be so green.

One Ally socket, no name brand, bought from EU somewhere - Stainless one from TPO - Steel socket from Speedymoto.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts