MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

So I just made the payment on a brand new 2013/14 F3 800, red and silver of course, and am picking it up Friday week. I've been spending an addictively large amount of time on the forum reading up on just about everything and I can tell you, if I wasn't excited before, reading about current and previous owners satisfaction and sheer happiness of having an MV has definitely got me chomping at the bit to pick it up early!

The only thing I want to mod on the bike, apart from a tinted windshield, is the exhaust, I'm really set on keeping the triple slash pipe look and the only two variants I've found are the QD and the Zero. I'm just looking for anyone that's had experience with either exhaust system or anyone that knows of any others that have that same look, (I would like to delete the cat too, I think Arrow make some headers but I'm too sure on that one) But really, any advice is more than appreciated.

Happy Riding,

Will

·
Registered
583 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I can fully relate to the anticipation of awaiting delivery. There's nothing quite like it.

Where are you located? - and post up some pics as soon as you can.

A few posters here have the Zero, and I think a quick forum search can find out their impressions: LOUD! But for the triple outlet options, it's sure the nicest looking. Personally, I think the QD looks a little off; too razor sharp or something. To each their own, of course.

There are a few options for headers and getting rid of the cat. MV Corse, Arrow, HP Corse, Termi all off the top of my head. In Inox stainless or titanium.

Welcome on board; we look forward to hearing more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My sentiments on the QD exactly, it seems a little edgy and radical for the gorgeous lines of the F3, but like you said, each to their own :)

I live in Australia, in the capital actually. I've pretty much already planned all my first photos from pick-up to first ride home which is approx. 600k's from the dealer so should be perfect for the run in before first service. Cheers for the reply and watch this space for the picture updates

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hello
Well I saw HP corsa set up when I was at Paris and its really nice and I have HP corsa full exhaust set up on my brutale and its really loud!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If HP corsa designed a triple pipe slip-on that's probably the route I'd go, I've seen quite a few bikes with their gear and they sound great but I think the triple pipes is something that really makes the F3 stand out that I want to hold onto. Thanks though :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fitted the qd to mine just the other day. I prefer the lines of that. I find the standard one to feminine.
Baffles out and sounds amazing!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question that falls under the 'new owner' category.

Do the brand new bikes have an electronic rev limiter? I've ridden a couple 2013/2014 bikes like the S1000RR and because it hadn't had the first servicing, it was computer limited to 9000rpm. Does the F3 have this feature at all? And if it does, will an MV specific mechanic have to remove this when the first servicing is done?

Cheers

·
Registered
583 Posts
Another question that falls under the 'new owner' category.

Do the brand new bikes have an electronic rev limiter? I've ridden a couple 2013/2014 bikes like the S1000RR and because it hadn't had the first servicing, it was computer limited to 9000rpm. Does the F3 have this feature at all? And if it does, will an MV specific mechanic have to remove this when the first servicing is done?

Cheers

Not as you've described. Rev the snot out of it from day 1 if you'd like, up to 13.5 or 14 or whatever the max is. Only ever found that once when I missed a shift (oops).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha occassionally my 1198 would miss 6th when using the quickshifter and find a false neutral. Every time my heart skipped a beat like I'd broken something, positive pressure was the answer apparently. But I can sympathise.

Thanks for your help though, that just saves me the hassle of having to find an MV exclusive mechanic when there definitely isn't one in my locality.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have modified the standard exhaust on my 2014 f3 800, I removed it and sent it to a guy that builds exhausts for bikes, he sliced in in half and removed a lot of excess bits, really don't know what he done to tell the truth, but the end result is very impressive, bike now has a decent sound, and at high revs it's a sweet note, the massive performance gains are excellent, the mid to top is now fantastic, people say you lose some bottom end performance, as yet I have not noticed. All I can say is I'm very happy with the improvement with the bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts