MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do an oil change on my 675 F3 and had a perusal of the F3 manuals (owners, motorcycle workshop & engine workshop) only to find 2 different oils listed, 5W-40 & 10W-60. The 5W-40 appears all three manuals whilst the 10W-60 only in the engine workshop manual. So which should be used in a moderate/warm climate?

Also in the engine manual (page B15) is warning "do not start engine as it is necessary to get oil to all points" followed by a description on how to do this (page B16). Worth a read for those doing their own oil changes (and possibly for motorcycle workshops).

there is a related thread which explains the designation of oil (5W-40 etc). http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102578&highlight=oil

·
Registered
128 Posts
Few motorcycle workshop actually recommended me to change 10W-60 due to the hot weather over here (Singapore), I have used Motul 300V 10W-40 for almost 2000 km mileage, my impression is that it is too thin and I feel my engine is very noisy and the gear change is not so smooth after the engine warm up. If your living environment is hot like mine, I suggest you to use 10W-60 too...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts