MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on my saturday ride at 160km/h :-( The machine got off and fuel was coming out from everywhere....

One hour later, the dealer picked me and my bike up....waiting for the result of analyizes...not good!

Keep you updated!

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
Want to bet one of those plastic fuel hose connectors has failed???

Sorry for the hassle HighRisk....I'm sure it will be sorted promptly.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Didn't catch on fire so that is a good thing

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Wtf?

what? 12 years down the road and MV is still using failure prone plastic POS?

guess the metal ones from the same manufacturer are too expensive.......:stickpoke

cheap assholes:wtf:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You didn't take off the tank, did you? I'm pretty sure you didn't but just want to make sure. That was how fuel coupling on older F4s broke.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You didn't slap a Ferrari sticker on her somewhere did you? If it were a genuine Ferrari sticker the bike probably would have burst into flames.
Sorry to read about your misfortune, but glad that the fuel didn't ignite. Now hopefully you'll be riding again soon without sustaining damage.

·
Registered
561 Posts
When I asked my dealer about previous MV hub falings they told me it
happened because owners were over tightening the rear hubs after adjusting their chains which caused the bearing carrier to warp, I've been very carefull to torque mine up correctly. Is this true?

As for fuel leaks, holy smokes Batman, not good, to see this bike go up in flames when you have waited so long would be devastating.

I might park mine up for a bit untill some of these teething issues are sorted. I'm still wating for the re map.

Luckily I have another bike to ride and atleast I can look at my F3, and maybe rub it a bit :yo:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That is bullshit about the hub,mine went after only 4 months off brand new ownership and i never touched it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
History repeats itself, in 2000 my new F4 750 did the same .
Fuel line had been nicked just below connector to fuel rail.

Glad you managed to stop without incident .
My one happened braking for a junction , stall and lockup with rear tyre covered in petrol , fingers trapped by bars on full lock , the start of the romance. Repaired by knife and jubilee clip at roadside .

Hopefully the bars dont trap your fingers on the F3:)

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
...on my saturday ride at 160km/h :-( The machine got off and fuel was coming out from everywhere....

One hour later, the dealer picked me and my bike up....waiting for the result of analyizes...not good!

Keep you updated!

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune.

The question is how much damage has potentially been done to the electrics through having fuel poured over them.?.maybe none...But, this is a brand new motorcycle and not an old hack...

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Holy smoke, did somebody start a freight train here. Why don't we just wait to hear what the problem was first. For all you know the welding on the tank came apart, or a conrod went throught the tank.............

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Holy smoke, did somebody start a freight train here. Why don't we just wait to hear what the problem was first. For all you know the welding on the tank came apart, or a conrod went throught the tank.............
Yes, The jury is out : ) It could be many things as Donsy says...

joe

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
And i would not worry about the rear hub.....newer design in use, and not all the originals have had a problem. Mine is going on 20,000 miles and is just fine, thank you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts