MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Good people.

I was wondering if I could pick your brains a bit. So Today I attend an auction for equippment I need and in the middle of everything a 2012 F3 gest put on the floor. Looks like the previous owner lowsided and only one other guy bid, so to save it from the scrapyard I bought it (Second MV I saved 0:))

Issue is when I got it home it's dead, like nothing happens when I turn the key. Even the alarm does nothing when I oress the remote. I am planning to strip it down to replace the damaged parts but wanted to see what I should check first for possible quick fix.

Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
Without sounding stupid, have you checked the battery? The standard batteries are notoriously bad and don't last long off a charger. If there is an alarm and that's run out of back up battery it's a good chance the battery is dead.

You can charge it through the Superseal connector under the pillion seat, if you have the right connector, or it's a tank off job.

Have you checked the fuses?

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Start with the battery....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. I was going to check the battery when I started stripping, but lord, who decided to put it there? I need to drain the tank first.

I checked fuses and they fine and since I got it on Auction, no charger.

I was hoping for a oh check the button behind the dash kinda thing....:grin2:.

I'l start stripping later tonight and let you know.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Haha...

you're obviously an optimist...

prerequisite for being the owner of an exotic motorcycle...

:laugh:good onya.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks. I was going to check the battery when I started stripping, but lord, who decided to put it there? I need to drain the tank first.

I checked fuses and they fine and since I got it on Auction, no charger.

I'l start stripping later tonight and let you know.

no need to drain the tank, just remove the fixing screws, then you can pull it off the bike (make sure to free the hoses first, they can stay attached to the tank!)

Also not sure how much shipping is but I've got the OEM charger for sale if you want it, not sure if it makes sense due to shipping from Germany though :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do MV's have a "tip-over switch" like other modern bikes that needs to be reset after a get-off?

I had a Honda that did something similar until the switch was reset.

·
Registered
257 Posts
@urdrvideo my Rivale certainly has, which I found out after lowsiding it. Cut the fuel pump and starter, and automagically came back on after bike had been righted up for a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Apologies for the terrible layout but I'm not certain how to make it look better.

no need to drain the tank, just remove the fixing screws, then you can pull it off the bike (make sure to free the hoses first, they can stay attached to the tank!)

Also not sure how much shipping is but I've got the OEM charger for sale if you want it, not sure if it makes sense due to shipping from Germany though :(
Thanks for the advice. Lifted the tank, tested the battery and its the fault. Currently charing it with a 12v charger just to test and see for other faults before stripping further. I'd take you up on the charger but don't know what the shipping would cost. maybe PM me what info you'd need.

Pics and what did you pay? Congrats I’d make it a new trackbike
I paid about +-$2500 and pics below. Only damage I see are on RH side. Need new mirror, rh side fairings seat, Handlebar with start button and foot peg.

Im not sure on this but theres no steering damper, did the 2012 not have one?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Easy fixes one and all.
No steering damper came on that bike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Cool thanks, just parts are hard to come by in my part of the world.. And an Update. went to check on it and charger said it's fully charged. Turned the key and it came to life...yay. Just the oil light but I'll get to that on the weekend.

Will replace all the filters and oil just to be on the safe side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts