MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to ill health my 2012 f3 675 sat in the garage all winter. I came this month to finally get it ready to use. Not surprisingly the battery was dead. Would not charge so bought another from m&p. Fitted it today but the bike is dead. Dash won't light up or anything. Battery is fully charged. Checked fuses on rhs of bike but all OK.
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Yes. The battery is probably installed backwards. This is a common error. The negative terminal should be forward. Also check to ensure you installed all of the wires in the correct positions.

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Ok, so I learn something new every day.....

The battery in the three cylinders is mounted transversely. i.e. Across The Bike. Negative terminal on the left.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Check the Start Solenoid Fuse. The start solenoid is on the right side of the bike above the fuse block.

3.jpg

Specifically, check the top fuse (in the red box) [The lower fuse (arrow) is a spare you can use.]

4.jpg

Reactions: jdgun

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery was definitely in the right way round. I tried to find additional fuses but will look again for this one thanks. Would this kill all power?

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
The 30 Amp main fuse would !! That's the one on the starter relay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Hopefully it helps resolve the issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It did. Bike is now running and put back together. Put a battery optimiser on too ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts