MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember seeing something a long while ago about a recall on F3 cush drive rubbers, does anyone know about it?
Just noticed quite a bit of play in mine, only 2500 miles. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Don't think there is a recall, but just had mine changed @ 14000miles and they weren't a lot on money. And would highly recommend getting them done.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's visible movement between the sprocket carrier and the wheel on mine, just a couple of degrees, with a bit of a 'clunk'. Mine is an early bike.

·
Registered
895 Posts
There was never a recall, or warranty issue with cush drive rubbers. There was an issue with clutch basket dampers on some early bikes. The replacement cush drive rubbers are an updated item, I believe. I replaced mine recently, they were shagged before 12000km. Hopefully the new ones will last much longer, but as mentioned they are inexpensive anyway. Despite the fact that on many bikes they never seem to wear out, they are a 'wear and tear' item.:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a bit of digging on this, someone has suggested that ducati 916/996/988 rubbers are the same size, less money and last longer. I will look into it. 2500 miles wear & tear is a piss take

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Did a bit of digging on this, someone has suggested that ducati 916/996/988 rubbers are the same size, less money and last longer. I will look into it. 2500 miles wear & tear is a piss take
Researched in the wrong place mate. The Ducati rubbers only work on the pre2010 bikes sprocket carriers.
The new rubbers for your bike has been upgraded recently, one of our NZ guys recently got some new ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts