MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike was taking a few tries to start up and today it came up with a coil 2 issue.

On my phone so i cant search the forum.

Just wondering what is required to fix the fault. If coils need to be replaced and are they brought individually or as a set.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The bike was taking a few tries to start up and today it came up with a coil 2 issue.

On my phone so i cant search the forum.

Just wondering what is required to fix the fault. If coils need to be replaced and are they brought individually or as a set.
Check F1 first as it runs the coils and the fuel pump. Check the fuse with a meter, clean everything, use some dielectric grease if you have it and make sure a good fuse is seated firmly in the fuse block. That fixed my '13 F3 with the same problem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gave moto technica a call and a common issue is the clutch starter kit. Waiting to hear back may be covered under warranty.

I would rather them look at it a pull it apart then me as i will probably cause more issues

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gave moto technica a call and a common issue is the clutch starter kit. Waiting to hear back may be covered under warranty.

I would rather them look at it a pull it apart then me as i will probably cause more issues
Please post the solution when it's found so we can learn from your experience.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please post the solution when it's found so we can learn from your experience.
Will do. Didnt hear back from them today so i will call again tomorrow and organise to get the bike to them in the coming week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got same error similar scenario tried to start her today took multiple tries then coil 2 error came up ... any closure on the problem ? Damn I just got that bike I know it ain't gonna be reliable like my cbr but come on ! =]

·
Registered
23 Posts
spoke with the head mechanic of my local MV dealer and just from me describing the issue he said 2 things - one was make sure the battery is in the top notch condition otherwise you gonna see whole bunch of irrelevant to what may be the problem error codes ... another was to check out the spark plugs - he was saying how people "winterize" the bikes by going to the garage and barely starting them letting them run only few minutes. He went on explaining how BAD for the bike that is I do not remember all but basically he was saying that the bike never gets to an operating temperature and the spark plugs get dirty with every start ... also I'm surely repeating what has been said over here but just keep the battery on a "tender". When I bought the bike I was paranoid cuz I saw the ignition coil 2 error as well and she would not fire upright away ... I finally rode her for ... idk 40miles or so, plugged the tender and now she fires right up ! just like my inline 4 jap :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts