MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I diligently followed the rear braking procedures for bleeding the dead rear, both in this community and following the MVA technical bulletin, which was especially critical for managing the bleeding in the ABS pump.

It worked perfectly - and now I wish to bleed the front bakes. Is there an equivalent procedure (ie lever to ABS, then lever to calipers?), or can we skip the ABS portion (its messy) since the front brakes work perfectly?

The bike is two years old so DOT4 should be changed now, its a preventative thing vs fixing no (rear) brake..... so I wonder if i can just do lever to calipers like a non ABS bike?.

All ideas and links to manuals are welcomed!
Andy.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The front brake set up is different from the rear, as the brake fluid reservoir is at the highest point of the braking system. Therefore gravity works in your favour, when it comes to bleeding (ie you should not get air trapped, as you can with the rear brake set up). So, I believe that yes is the the answer, treat as non ABS system.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
I am so happy to see someone who understands the importance of changing brake fluid periodically !!
You can bleed the front as normal for any other bike. You may still want to go out and activate the ABS a few times, just to move the fluid through the pump. The volume of fluid in the pump circuit is minimal so you shouldn't need to flush the system again.
AND it is always a good idea to practice emergency braking just to experience the ABS so you know what to expect when you have to use it in real life.

Reactions: falcn

·
Registered
235 Posts
But if your'rejust swapping fluid, there should be no need to bleed anything?

I am very happy someone understands brake fluid is a maintenance item! So rare😤

1 - 4 of 4 Posts