MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In amongst the doom and gloom of yesterday's weather, we managed to squeeze in 3 full sessions before the heavens opened up proper and shortened the day…The third of those sessions Cliff let us loose on the F3 675:)

It's had the CAT removed, latest map, tuned, Ohlins Steering damper added and Supercorses attached….Bike was very, very good. By the end of the session and once I adjusted to the F3, I was almost matching my best times to the first sector and only a few seconds off overall my best on the 1098R….:naughty:

Another session of re-adjusting to the F3, and I might of embarrassed my own best times. The F3 hammers on a bigger wide flowing track, there's no other way to put it. It turns in so quick, holds it's line, then stand it up and fire it out like a screaming banshee !!!!
Great fun….it's so frisky and the front jumps around and shakes its head which is all part of the thrill. Steering damper is a must !

Negatives…cable-clutch is still not worthy of this bike IMO…. throttle was much better but still super-sensitive and not 100% perfect., you'll see in the vid how I'm not too good at modulating the throttle mid corner {Need more time to adjust}….and for me, I'd like just a smidge more grunt especially at the Island. I'd like a slipper in there too…few times I had the back chattering away big time, rattling my teeth and messed me up completely…my bad. Again, you'll see in the vid.

For combined performance & style for money….I don't think there's a another Sportsbike that gets close to the F3 for value ????….800 must be a treat.
It's not perfect, but it's very good at giving you a sh*t eating grin :)

Vid to follow:
Edit: Vid is up…link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovyJ6MtHgkU

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Awesome Pete , good to hear that you have become somewhat more comfortable with the F3 on the track. Look forward to seeing your video footage.:yo:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately, i just load the most popluar youtube video here
on germany:

"Unfortunately, this EMI-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights."

:thewife::thewife:
Yep...Germany always seems to block our movies because of music rights.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Nice Job

Hi Pete,

I am not normally a fan of riding vids to be honest BUT I have to admit I really enjoyed this one & in fact watched it a couple of times (and I'll probably watch it a couple more on a good computer at home, am at work right now ;)) . The vid is a really good sample of the bike & track - Well done :)

Just a well you had the steering damper fitted, it really does need it I think you will agree having watched your bars a couple of times.

Btw did you have it in R for "Race Mode" When I put my wife's BMW into R for race mode it just goes backwards :confused:

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Pete,

I am not normally a fan of riding vids to be honest BUT I have to admit I really enjoyed this one & in fact watched it a couple of times (and I'll probably watch it a couple more on a good computer at home, am at work right now ;)) . The vid is a really good sample of the bike & track - Well done :)

Just a well you had the steering damper fitted, it really does need it I think you will agree having watched your bars a couple of times.

Btw did you have it in R for "Race Mode" When I put my wife's BMW into R for race mode it just goes backwards :confused:

Cheers.
We love making our vids Rob....it's like an annual record of our riding exploits....and the creative outlet of editing etc. has always appealed to me.

The bike was put back to "S" mode, but has the latest map and the CAT removed....R mode...hmmm

I'd say now, the throttle/fuel/back wheel feel is as good as it will get, and it would be more about my adjustment to the F3, rather than trying to manipulate the F3 to my stubbourn old ways....the only thing that caught me out was that electronic free wheeling changing down, similar to what the early F4 1000's use to do with EBS. Once use to it, not a problem.

Yes the F3 is very, very flighty, but I like that. It turns in incredibly fast too, nothing like a Ducati:) It also has a much better riding postion than any MV before it, and this alone allows you to concentrate on going fast straight away.

Lots of good came from trying the F3 again on track, after getting it sorted and not rushing the process.....Another full day on it and i think I'd be a lot smoother than the vid is showing, hell I might even buy an 800 one day :jsm:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
We love making our vids Rob....it's like an annual record of our riding exploits....and the creative outlet of editing etc. has always appealed to me.

The bike was put back to "S" mode, but has the latest map and the CAT removed....R mode...hmmm

I'd say now, the throttle/fuel/back wheel feel is as good as it will get, and it would be more about my adjustment to the F3, rather than trying to manipulate the F3 to my stubbourn old ways....the only thing that caught me out was that electronic free wheeling changing down, similar to what the early F4 1000's use to do with EBS. Once use to it, not a problem.

Yes the F3 is very, very flighty, but I like that. It turns in incredibly fast too, nothing like a Ducati:) It also has a much better riding postion than any MV before it, and this alone allows you to concentrate on going fast straight away.

Lots of good came from trying the F3 again on track, after getting it sorted and not rushing the process.....Another full day on it and i think I'd be a lot smoother than the vid is showing, hell I might even buy an 800 one day :jsm:
Well certainly it shows Pete, the quality of the filming, angles, music chosen & sound levels between engine & other sounds is carefully edited - when you finish up with a nice product it is usually the result of someone doing what they love.

The R mode thing is a little joke I share with my young bloke, he can't believe the number of people that come saying the bike seems down in power & when he asks them if it mostly happens in Race mode they answer yes - :laughing: Good news for the customer is that it is of course an easy fix or wait for rain, either way works :) Btw, my wife's BMW apart from going backwards in R for Race Mode, does absolutely nothing when I engage N for Night mode - it just revs on the spot, I will get checked out soon.

I take what you say about 'flighty' to describe the lightness of the front, that's great way to describe it, I hadn't thought of like that & it was that feeling that sent me scurrying for a steering damper as a fix, feels way better to me with it or it maybe psychological but you know whatever helps your riding in whatever way real or imagined is good thing. :)

Also agree a slipper would be good on a track as that comparison to the 1000 EBS rear is pretty much spot on.

F800? Believe it when I see it :stickpoke But hey, that would be very cool :yo:

·
Registered
83 Posts
That mob in Italy(e........) has an Ohlins damper kit for about $700.
They also have an EVR slipper for around $1000
I fitted one to my Duc 1098...good stuff.
A bit easier to fit with the dry clutch setup but it should smooth out the downshifts a little
cheers

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That mob in Italy(e........) has an Ohlins damper kit for about $700.
They also have an EVR slipper for around $1000
I fitted one to my Duc 1098...good stuff.
A bit easier to fit with the dry clutch setup but it should smooth out the downshifts a little
cheers
Indeed…, but not my bike so slipper probably won't happen:)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well certainly it shows Pete, the quality of the filming, angles, music chosen & sound levels between engine & other sounds is carefully edited - when you finish up with a nice product it is usually the result of someone doing what they love.

The R mode thing is a little joke I share with my young bloke, he can't believe the number of people that come saying the bike seems down in power & when he asks them if it mostly happens in Race mode they answer yes - :laughing: Good news for the customer is that it is of course an easy fix or wait for rain, either way works :) Btw, my wife's BMW apart from going backwards in R for Race Mode, does absolutely nothing when I engage N for Night mode - it just revs on the spot, I will get checked out soon.

I take what you say about 'flighty' to describe the lightness of the front, that's great way to describe it, I hadn't thought of like that & it was that feeling that sent me scurrying for a steering damper as a fix, feels way better to me with it or it maybe psychological but you know whatever helps your riding in whatever way real or imagined is good thing. :)

Also agree a slipper would be good on a track as that comparison to the 1000 EBS rear is pretty much spot on.

F800? Believe it when I see it :stickpoke But hey, that would be very cool :yo:
I would love an 800…… I know you don't understand the bike I do have now, but believe me when i tell you its very special to ride…..in every way.

If if was a stock 1098 then yes, I'd be on an F3 already….but stumbling into ownership of a 1098R then coming to the realisation of what it can do and how it feels to ride, is very hard to give up, even for the latest MV :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
unfortunately, i just load the most popluar youtube video here
on germany:

"Unfortunately, this EMI-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights."

:thewife::thewife:
today, GEMA changed their minds. so indeed a very nice video.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Nice video and as good as always to watch with fine choice of music etc Pete.

I take it this MV is fitted with the optional laser gun to do away with pesky bikes in front of you (at 2:58) :laughing:

Is the 'freewheeling' thing adjustable in the custom settings? I remember only too well the first couple of times my first 1000S shot me into roundabouts a tad quicker than I had planned :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I noticed that too, but I wasn't going to say anything incase it proved my insanity.
It just disappeared!!!!?????
cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry...my bad...I thought you had an F3!!!
cheers

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I noticed that too, but I wasn't going to say anything incase it proved my insanity.
It just disappeared!!!!?????
cheers
Editing priviledge...
I only got a few good laps in...start of the session was crowded, a little damp and i was getting use to F3......so merged a good full lap together using a couple of the later laps:)
Makes for better viewing in a shorter period...

Another pic...this time over the top of Lukey

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts