MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out from an MV dealer that the long awaited MV F3 800 Ago edition is £19,000!!!

Not even Ohlins front forks for that price! £7000 extra for a few carbon bits + paint work :wtf:

il be buying a standard version......... :bawling:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just found out from an MV dealer that the long awaited MV F3 800 Ago edition is £19,000!!!

Not even Ohlins front forks for that price! £7000 extra for a few carbon bits + paint work :wtf:

il be buying a standard version......... :bawling:
Good choice.

You could make a custom look way better than the Ago for 7000 if you get the urge.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's not £19000 its only £18,999 :jsm:

Well i ain't backing out now. I will just have to scrape a few more pennies together (it's cheaper than the 675 oro was).

The price is a bit steep to say the least but i have my heart set on it and i know when i set eyes on it and ride it for the first time the price won't matter a bit!

Roll on delivery day!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Does anyone know the spec of this bike, what apart from Ago's signature will the bike have? £18,999 is a big step up from a standard F3 800.
jimboF4

·
Registered
249 Posts
It has the paint, lightweight forged wheels, billet foot pegs, levers, bar ends, carbonfibre hugger, front mudguard, tail tidy and colour coded mirrors. It will also come with a bike specific cover, certificate of authenticity and a book by Ago too.
I have a PDF brochure of it all but don't know how to get it on here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Greeny, use the go advanced button next to reply, and you get the option to load photos or PDF etc.

So any suspension difference or exhaust upgrade, or is it just the bits above, when you say front mudguard is that carbon?
jimboF4

·
Registered
249 Posts
Greeny, use the go advanced button next to reply, and you get the option to load photos or PDF etc.

So any suspension difference or exhaust upgrade, or is it just the bits above, when you say front mudguard is that carbon?
jimboF4

Ok thanks I'll upload the PDF shortly.
Suspension is standard as is the exhaust but I have a FM Projects exhaust waiting for it and yes front mudguard is carbon too. It is fitted with the ABS system but I believe all 2014 F3's will have this.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It is very nice, but not sure it is £18,999 nice. Anybody know what the black box thing is under the seat, seems mounted to the subframe? Is it part of the ABS?
jimboF4

·
Registered
249 Posts
It is very nice, but not sure it is £18,999 nice. Anybody know what the black box thing is under the seat, seems mounted to the subframe? Is it part of the ABS?
jimboF4
I spotted that, like you say I think it is the ABS module.

Also just noticed that they have put a 190/55-17 on the rear opposed to the normal 180/55-17. Thought it was a typo but zooming in on one of the pdf images it's definitely running a 190 section. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not £19000 its only £18,999 :jsm:

Well i ain't backing out now. I will just have to scrape a few more pennies together (it's cheaper than the 675 oro was).

The price is a bit steep to say the least but i have my heart set on it and i know when i set eyes on it and ride it for the first time the price won't matter a bit!

Roll on delivery day!
If I could afford it I'd go for it Greeny but the original £16K price was at a push for me.
Maybe when I go through my 2nd mid-life crisis il purchase one :violin:

·
Registered
249 Posts
If I could afford it I'd go for it Greeny but the original £16K price was at a push for me.
Maybe when I go through my 2nd mid-life crisis il purchase one :violin:
Luckily i have the funds at the right time.

Hopefully the Ago won't depreciate as quickly as the standard F3 800.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
"For MV passionate bikers" yep you've got to be pretty passionate about the brand at that price!?

I just couldn't justify that for a paint job and a bit of carbon, I know there's only 300 being made and all that but will it hold it's value? Usually special editions are a bit more special and what happens if you actually use the bike, don't most of these things stay in their crate or end up on someone's wall?

·
Registered
249 Posts
If people want to buy one as an ornament then that's fine but mines going to get used, like any other bike I've owned. I'll clean it a maintain it with my normal level of OCD (usually more polishing than riding).

If it's worth a little bit more than a normal F3 in a few years then happy days if not I'll still own an awesome looking and fast bike.

Bring on the summer!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'm glad to hear it, if you've got the money then enjoy, doubt you'll see another, I've had my Brutale 800 9 months and I'm yet to see another :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts