MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Why would the testers be surprised that the Suzuki is the most refined of the three bikes? It's been around in roughly the same configuration for many years, enough to get the bugs out.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I've not read it yet but have they by any chance said the word "refined" about 100 times? :laughing: and did they by any chance end it with "if it were my money I'd but a Triumph Daytona 675R"

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For once I don't think a truimph was mentioned but i haven't yet read the article fully.

That was my sentiments as well rz33v4. Both the 848 and the GSXR have been around years, certainly long enough to refine(yes, Ackers i did use that word) them. The paint has barely had chance the dry on the F3.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I still think, for the long-term health of the MV brand, they need to slow down the new model intros long enough to develop each of them more thoroughly. Today's marketplace doesn't permit half-finished products, particularly those in the luxury category, like motorcycles. You'd think MV would have learned from Ducati's evolution over the years.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Trouble is, ACT, most buyers do pay attention to what the media says about products, including MVs. If, as a company, you choose to ignore the media opinion, you risk any possibility of volume sales. Ducati did that in years past, but in the last 10 years started listening to what their buyers wanted (witness wet clutches and 15,000-mile valve check intervals) and their sales have grown tremendously.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Some people pay attention, not everyone.

I own a Brutale, F4S, CC and now an F3. Before buying each one of them I knew there were issues. I did not care then, I do not care now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
no bugs no soul in the bike... You cant have a character in the bike if it does not have its special moments on the road. And sorry to say i never found that feeling with the GSXR 600s or 750s or 1000s. and i have ridden most of the models from the turn of 2000's up to the new models. Its like ridding a s1000rr ... its fast and great but it does not have that spirit. Ducati has the spirit just not a really comfortable bike to sit on... except the new panigale. Well the tank that is ... i dont really like how the rear shock sticks out on the side.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If MV expects to grow into a profitable business they must not bring models to market that require major fixes, like poor throttle progression or stalling. That is not acceptable to the majority of today's customers. The "character" in today's MVs would not be diminished if the throttle worked as expected or it didn't stall.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Another point to consider is that they are selling bikes. I haven't read anything about mv not being able to sell bikes. There are comments about having to wait for deliveries though.
I think it's the head v heart thing

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts