MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2015 F3 800 used last year from a clueless car dealership who took it in on a trade. Bike is awesome and no issues whatsoever. However, the rear linkage on the bike is a Vortex (which I assume is not stock), and I do know that the previous owner was a woman. My guess is that she changed the linkage to shorten the seat height.
Should I try and get stock linkage back on? The bike feels great for me and not too short at all. I have tracked it about 10 times and I am absolutely in love with it, so no problem there. But... maybe it would handle even better if it didn't have the geometry altered?? What do ppl think? Worth the trouble or 'if it aint broke don't fix it' type of thing.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,129 Posts
Put it back to stock.... I believe the Vortex linkage has different heights (those extra holes). Usually the longest one is the same as stock and the others are to lower the bike.

What was done with the front end?

Yes, it will handle better raised to the original specs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Put it back to stock.... I believe the Vortex linkage has different heights (those extra holes). Usually the longest one is the same as stock and the others are to lower the bike.

What was done with the front end?

Yes, it will handle better raised to the original specs.
I don't have the original linkage, so maybe I'll email Vortex and ask if the further holes = the stock length. And as for the front, as far as I can tell, nothing has changed. Bike was ridden so so lightly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone out there know what the length of the linkage/ dogbone is for a 2015 F3 800?

Part #1 in the image. I need to know what the length is from hole center to hole center of the stock linkage. Anyone able to help? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts