MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock gearing sucks.
Was wondering what people are running gear wise for street use?

I was thinking of doing -1 front +2 back, Which sticks me near my 2016 Fz-09 gearing I had.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
It's a dog off the line.
It seems it geared for top end. I don't need top end. The bike won't see a track just need to find a nice get up and go street friendly gearing. :)
Gearing it down is more for track, I don't think Id ever hit the redline with the stock gearing in top gear on any straight with the stock gearing.

Im going one tooth down on the front and 1 up on the rear for my F3 675. Also changing to a 520 X ring low friction chain while Im at it.

Im hesitant to go more teeth on the rear as it might end up being too peaky and short. Still want to be able to cruise in 5th and 6th on the highway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gearing it down is more for track, I don't think Id ever hit the redline with the stock gearing in top gear on any straight with the stock gearing.

Im going one tooth down on the front and 1 up on the rear for my F3 675. Also changing to a 520 X ring low friction chain while Im at it.

Im hesitant to go more teeth on the rear as it might end up being too peaky and short. Still want to be able to cruise in 5th and 6th on the highway.
MY 2006 GSXR600 I used for mainly track but sometimes rode to work was -2/+1 so 14/44 If I recall correctly.
That was too much for freeway riding

I am thinking -1/+2 or just -1 to start and see how it feels.
It's odd not needed to leave 3rd gear on the 13 mile ride to work lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts