MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders, first post here, I pick up my first Agusta on August 16th the day I return from Afghanistan and I couldn't be more excited to buy my 4 bike. I am getting the F3 800 ABS black/white model.

My question is how long does it take to install an ohlins steering damper on the F3 800? The dealer wants to charge me $250 and says it takes 2.5 hours to install, I don't believe him one bit.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Maybe 45 minutes at most? As in you have a messy shop and don't know where your tools are.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i fitted mine the first time in less than half an hour, even quicker when i fitted it to my new 800 !

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you are buying both the bike and the damper from them , they should do it for free....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello fellow riders, first post here, I pick up my first Agusta on August 16th the day I return from Afghanistan and I couldn't be more excited to buy my 4 bike. I am getting the F3 800 ABS black/white model.

My question is how long does it take to install an ohlins steering damper on the F3 800? The dealer wants to charge me $250 and says it takes 2.5 hours to install, I don't believe him one bit.

Thanks for the help.
Hi. Welcome to the mad house. I got back from Afghanistan in May and also picked up a F3 800. The steering damper is extremely easy to fit, no more than 30 - 45 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
G'Day mate, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about you running into a dealer like that, tell the bloke you'll install it yourself, in the "Suspension" part of the forum you'll find lots of info on how to install it yourself.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G'Day mate, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about you running into a dealer like that, tell the bloke you'll install it yourself, in the "Suspension" part of the forum you'll find lots of info on how to install it yourself.
Good Luck.
Thanks dude, ya I already told him I will be putting it on myself. The ohlins damper is only costing me $500 through is that a good price?

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's very reasonable IF it comes with the mounting hardware and isn't just the actual damper

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've bought the Matris SD-K damper for my F3 800, including mounting kit, for 419,- euros (incl. VAT).

I mounted it by myself and installation took 15 minutes of my time.

Best regards,
Jarosch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts