MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I have done a search but couldn't find what i was looking for. Does anyone know the standard spring rate for the rear shock on the F3 800. I weight 70kg and with all my gear on about 80kg and i'm just wondering if the standard spring rate will suit my weight?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi All.

I have done a search but couldn't find what i was looking for. Does anyone know the standard spring rate for the rear shock on the F3 800. I weight 70kg and with all my gear on about 80kg and i'm just wondering if the standard spring rate will suit my weight?

Thanks

Chris

Same weight as me...just hop on and ride

AzcrossplaneMV

·
Registered
16 Posts
I asked Kais Suspension in Manchester about upgrade options and they said they could supply a ohlins ttx36 mkII correctly sprung for £1063.74 including vat.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I asked Kais Suspension in Manchester about upgrade options and they said they could supply a ohlins ttx36 mkII correctly sprung for £1063.74 including vat.
That's a crazy price, there's many other options in both brand and suppliers, have you looked at or asked the forum sponsors.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/suspension/f3/ohlins.html

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/suspension/f3/fg.html

Just a few options, Design Corse has more options, but their site is down for maintenance, ring them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Offtopic again: I'd like to support the forum sponsors but it looks like Kais is £100 cheaper than evolution once vat (sales tax) is added.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IF! I was going to replace the rear shock for one matched to me and my riding style, I'd go with Nitron, I've used them before on my NC30 and they are excellent value for money, top notch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting thread. At 63kg the front end is working just beautifully for me... perfection!
BUT despite increasing the rear sag significantly it wont take up bumps and kicks up in the rear end. Compression damping is already full soft. A think a lighter spring is needed, but I don't want to induce understeer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Interesting thread. At 63kg the front end is working just beautifully for me... perfection!
BUT despite increasing the rear sag significantly it wont take up bumps and kicks up in the rear end. Compression damping is already full soft. A think a lighter spring is needed, but I don't want to induce understeer.
Darren- Im glad you found the exact same thing as me...the rear would just kick and buck over any bump and then unsettle the front.

I have just had my F3 completely re-valved and re-sprung by Daz at Race Centre here in Brunswick. It wasn't cheap but the difference is massive.

He has extended the fork travel on the front and put in much heavier springs and valving and god knows what else.

On the rear he has put in a softer spring and re valved but its still too hard so i'm dropping my bike off tmrw to him to put an even softer spring in.

The standard setup on these bikes is garbage with a super soft front and a very hard rear end with a shock that has no compression adjustment (it does nothing basically).

Unfortunately if you do change the rear i would suggest getting the front done too and its not going to be a cheap fix like other bikes. Its a shame that you have to spend extra $$$ on a bike like this to just get the bike to behave on the road.

Give Daz a call and see what he has to say...at least now he has done the hard work and R&D on my bike and will know how to fix yours

http://racecenter.com.au/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Darren- Im glad you found the exact same thing as me...the rear would just kick and buck over any bump and then unsettle the front.

I have just had my F3 completely re-valved and re-sprung by Daz at Race Centre here in Brunswick. It wasn't cheap but the difference is massive.

He has extended the fork travel on the front and put in much heavier springs and valving and god knows what else.

On the rear he has put in a softer spring and re valved but its still too hard so i'm dropping my bike off tmrw to him to put an even softer spring in.

The standard setup on these bikes is garbage with a super soft front and a very hard rear end with a shock that has no compression adjustment (it does nothing basically).

Unfortunately if you do change the rear i would suggest getting the front done too and its not going to be a cheap fix like other bikes. Its a shame that you have to spend extra $$$ on a bike like this to just get the bike to behave on the road.

Give Daz a call and see what he has to say...at least now he has done the hard work and R&D on my bike and will know how to fix yours

http://racecenter.com.au/
Glad to hear that. I think the same about front and rear suspension.
They're not good enough due the price of the bike.
I have a b3 800 but I think we share same components.
Should have bought a mt09. Same problems but cheaper so you can put ohlins on it with the difference.

Enviat des del meu SM-T580 usant Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Glad to hear that. I think the same about front and rear suspension.
They're not good enough due the price of the bike.
I have a b3 800 but I think we share same components.
Should have bought a mt09. Same problems but cheaper so you can put ohlins on it with the difference.

Enviat des del meu SM-T580 usant Tapatalk
I have just fit a Ohlins TTX shock to my F3 and had the Ohlins 30mm NIX cartridges installed.No matter what i did to the standard suspension i just couldnt get it right for me.Ohlins dont actually list cartridges for the F3 but they will make them up for you to order.
Funny but i also have a Yam MT-09 and have fit Ohlins rear shock and Andreani cartridges.Obviously not the top spec ones as i got for the F3 but well happy with them and its transformed the bike.Going back to my F3,as its our winter and salt all over the roads ive not tested it yet with the new suspension setup.Roll on Spring

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi marksim
I'm gonna get some more tests with the stock forks and dumper, if I'm not lucky I'm not sure if I want to spend more money on the bike, because I have in mind to change it for the 2017 brutale RR model, but now I'm doubting if it's gonna be better to change to a Japanese and upgrade the components if needed, because I believe that the rear dumper on the new brutale is still the same although they have changed the front forks, hope they are better.

Enviado desde mi SM-T580 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
For those of you in the North of England, google TW Suspension in Preston. He consults for BSB on suspension and offers a ride-in/ride-out service for £40.
Transformed the handling of my F3.

·
Registered
451 Posts
With the stock material? Or did you buy anything else?
Unbeknowst to me, the previous owner had replaced the rear spring, but aside from that nothing.
He has also worked on another F3 who lives in Blackpool - that was completely stock and the owner reported the same change.

He knows his stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi manicguitarist thanks for your feedback.

As unfortunately I'm far away from that mechanic do you think is possible to know which settings where made on those bikes? Just for having a clue where to start with mine.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts