MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F3 800 is at the dealer for the sprag clutch modification and for new rear sprocket rubbers (second time within 2500km......grrrr!!).

Mechanic told me there is a software update available since 14 september. Anyone tried the new software yet. any significant difference???

Grzzz

·
Registered
447 Posts
Im in California and had my updated 2 weeks ago. So far everything is much better. No more weird powercuts, no bucking bronco etc etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up my updated F3 this weekend and i can feel a difference!! Even in S-mode i can ride down town.... The QS also feels different.

So with the updated spragclutch, throttle, mapping and sprocket rubbers i`ll hope to make some unconcerned kilometers......!!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My F3 800 is at the dealer for the sprag clutch modification and for new rear sprocket rubbers (second time within 2500km......grrrr!!).

Mechanic told me there is a software update available since 14 september. Anyone tried the new software yet. any significant difference???

Grzzz
It appears that only way you find out that upgrades are available is by reading the information on the various forums.

One dealer posted the information on their Facebook page, but despite a number of others who are members of other forums, not a word.

Surely it is their responsibility to contact owners that have purchased their bikes from them. For the upgrade may well give a rider a totally different impression on the bikes performance

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Ive had the latest map update put on mine
It seems to have smoothed out the running between 3-4000 revs
I picked up my updated F3 this weekend and i can feel a difference!! Even in S-mode i can ride down town.... The QS also feels different.

So with the updated spragclutch, throttle, mapping and sprocket rubbers i`ll hope to make some unconcerned kilometers......!!!
I really wish you guys would just say where you are on this little planet, different Countries run different maps, and it helps guys local to you so they may also get to the dealers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really wish you guys would just say where you are on this little planet, different Countries run different maps, and it helps guys local to you so they may also get to the dealers.

Good point Donsy!!
I'am "dutchy" from Holland!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
...Surely it is their responsibility to contact owners that have purchased their bikes from them. For the upgrade may well give a rider a totally different impression on the bikes performance
So far it has been my observation that dealers DO NOT assume that responsibility. They will most likely ONLY mention it IF/WHEN an owner complains. I know that MV advertise that owners are entitled to free updates but there seems to be little follow through on the part of many dealers when those updates are available. :wtf: YMMV

·
Registered
126 Posts
most of the time i knew there was an update before my dealer.. and they never called to tell me theres an update... only source for infos about updates are forums. MV should state on there websate when new updates arrive or at least in their newsletter...

·
Registered
30 Posts
FYI, this is also valid for 675's. I'm in the Boston area and my ECU was just updated, but have yet to ride it yet.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
There are dealers who are members of forums in the UK and regularly post messages.
I raised the question, do you advise your customers when updates have been released.

One uses Facebook, no reply from any of the others, from that I therefore assume they do not, which in my opinion is unsatisfactory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts