·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Should I buy the F3 800?

The MV Agusta F3 675 is my second motorcycle. It's amazing. The bike feels like it was made for me (i'm only 5'5") Much better handling and lighter than my previous starter bike 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR. After reading the reviews on the F3 800, I am contemplating buying that one as well, but I will wait till MV improves on its fueling and fly-by-wire throttle. This bike looks timeless!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
zz

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Mike, they were fixed a good while ago, owners on here told you so, but you only take the word of MCN and the gutter press.

As said before, don't read about it, get off the sofa and go and ride the bikes. Worked for me.
jimboF4

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mike, they were fixed a good while ago, owners on here told you so, but you only take the word of MCN and the gutter press.

As said before, don't read about it, get off the sofa and go and ride the bikes. Worked for me.
jimboF4
Amen to that!!!

I've been reading both UK and US tests on the F3 and B3 800. If I based my purchase decision on the totally inaccurate US tests and their self-proclaimed 'expert' observations, I wouldn't have bothered even riding the bikes. Their opinions on supposed fueling issues and reality are light years apart!!!!! MV dealers are utilizing new mapping for these bikes just like 90% of other manufacturers. I've had plenty of ducatis and aprilias that received full re-mapping due to lean surging, stalling and hesitation issues. It's an easy fix at your dealer, period. This unfair criticism of MV is ridiculous.
Meanwhile some of the UK tests barely mention anything related to fueling. I absolutely LOVE my B3 800 and have urged readers elsewhere on this site to forget the damn magazine "experts" and GO RIDE these bikes!!!!
Be a thinker and draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
zz

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Good lord, Mike that is an awful looking bike. You are a brave man.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
zz

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
So I let this friend of mine ride an F3 800. He is a very experienced and very fast rider with years of racing under his belt. He currently owns a 1199 Panigale that he struggles with on the set-up even after installing Ohlins shock and cartridges for the forks. The 1199 just always feels unsettled.

Anyway, I said nothing about how I feel about the F3 800 and just wanted to hear his opinion. After riding on mountain roads for about 4 hours at speeds I don't want to talk about, his comment was:

"You know what this bike's biggest flaw is? You will have absolutely NO excuse for not going fast with this bike - it is perfect!"

Yep, that just about sums it up!

·
Registered
342 Posts
''Owners on here told me so'' and I take it by and large they're not biased? even Pete (Velocomoto) said it wasn't right, but it's getting better
Take it as current information and your reviews are all outdated information before they even hit the stands.

Secondly, some people are confident enough to trust their own judgement on a motorcycle and don't need to be told what to think.

The fact you are too insecure in your own judgement to actual get on motorcycle twist the throttle and make your own decision is somewhat pathetic.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
When Will I Learn.....

''Owners on here told me so'' and I take it by and large they're not biased? even Pete (Velocomoto) said it wasn't right, but it's getting better
As usual, I am astounded by one of your posts.

Here we have a thread about the MV Agusta F3 800.

You know full well that Pete's (aka Velocemoto) comments are based on his experience with his father in law's bike which is an MV Agusta F3 675. That makes a lie of your quote above on two fronts:

1. He is not an owner, and
2. He is making no reference whatsoever to the F3 800. (I dare say he would, rightly cringe at even being dragged into this.)

What next? Will you use someone's comments about a 2000 F4 750 to relate to a 2013 F4 RR to prove one of your armchair critic points.

I think & feel free to correct me, but you have never ridden an F3 675 - you have certainly never ridden a F3 800 but wish to make a valid contribution to the discussion of the merits of fuelling, throttles or whatever else - worst of all you actually want to argue your point with people that own them & live with them on a daily basis.

Truly breathtaking.

Anyhow, as usual when I reply to one of your the posts it generally degenerates into a slanging match via my perception of you as a hater (masked as a sympathiser) & your levelling accusations of passion for the marque as being a heinous crime.

Judging by the replies of others here & the tone thereof, you appear to be increasing your fan base so I'll just sit this one out from here on in.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
zz

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Geeeezz..... and I thought motorcycles were supposed to be fun..!!??!! :thewife:

It's okay to be passionate about MV Agusta but it is also okay for the more ignorant to not like MV Agusta! :stickpoke

Whatever floats your boat! As for me, I can hardly wait to ride the F3 800 again....and again.... and again!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have recently ridden a 675 with the latest map & thought it was superb & felt every bit as good as any other supersport bike i have ridden when riding it properly.

The only glitch for me was a slight hesitation & delay under 3k or when starting off from traffic lights etc. [The owner has had a lot of other more serious problems to deal with.]

It was not my bike so I dont know if it would annoy me over time or not, but if the 800 is proper sorted then I could be making a return?

Just waiting for some better weather so I can have a test ride.

I have been waiting for MV to tempt me back, but the 675 has had just too many niggles for me to live with , but a sorted 800........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts