MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,

well, the topic title already whistles what it is about..

I tried a lot of times to rise the front wheel up to an angle about 20 degrees. Not doing it like snaping the clutch, but just doing it by accelerating the bike.
And I've realized that it's working not till the rpms are at 10-11k .. doesn't matter, if traction control is fully disabled or at my prefered level 4.

Is it generally possible to rise the front wheel at lower rpms without snaping the clutch?

Would be great getting some feedback by other experienced riders owning a F3 800. :f4:

Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Um...I'm 210 in full gear and the front comes up in first and second all too easily. Depending on the track and turn sometimes coming out hot in third around 8-9 it pulls about 3-4"

·
Registered
249 Posts
it will power wheelie you just need to be a bit more aggressive with the throttle. I'm no expert on wheelies but i tend to roll on the power in second, then quickly shut the throttle to load the front suspension and as the suspension rebounds, i then snap the throttle open an usually HEY PRESTO up she comes. I couldn't tell you what revs or speed, it's a feel thing. I've been to a wheelie school (fantastic day) and they teach you the techniques but it's all about practice and more practice.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
it will go up if so desired, but the counter rotating crank does a great job at keeping lift minimal
Hahaha, good one Rich, you should try a B3 800. It's not the crank rotation mate, or very little for that matter.

·
Registered
305 Posts
the 675 will do it if you don't manange your throttle roll on so I must assume the 800 even more

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hmmm!!
What do you think? 148hp (about 135 at the wheel) and 370lbs of weight.....
If you have to ask you probably shouldn't try!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will power wheelie you just need to be a bit more aggressive with the throttle. I'm no expert on wheelies but i tend to roll on the power in second, then quickly shut the throttle to load the front suspension and as the suspension rebounds, i then snap the throttle open an usually HEY PRESTO up she comes. I couldn't tell you what revs or speed, it's a feel thing. I've been to a wheelie school (fantastic day) and they teach you the techniques but it's all about practice and more practice.
Great advise. I'll give it a try.. but the first step should be such a wheelie school. Not far away from my home is a training school which organize such events one time per month. I think I should subscribe to that!

Thanks to all who replied!

:f4:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Hmmm!!
What do you think? 148hp (about 135 at the wheel) and 370lbs of weight.....
If you have to ask you probably shouldn't try!!
Speaking about that... Does my 1078 do powerwheelies you think? :ahhh::ahhh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Heya,

well, the topic title already whistles what it is about..

I tried a lot of times to rise the front wheel up to an angle about 20 degrees. Not doing it like snaping the clutch, but just doing it by accelerating the bike.
And I've realized that it's working not till the rpms are at 10-11k .. doesn't matter, if traction control is fully disabled or at my prefered level 4.

Is it generally possible to rise the front wheel at lower rpms without snaping the clutch?

Would be great getting some feedback by other experienced riders owning a F3 800. :f4:

Thanks!
Easily done on f3 800 at 2nd gear between 6-8k rpm

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts