MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my f3 800 has been experiencing some problems with power. After looking through old post many people are experiencing similar problems but can correlate that with bumpy roads or other common denominators. My problem simply occurs in 4-6th gear after really getting on the throttle. The power cuts out at 7-8k rpms and does not pull through higher speed with consistent power. Ive put 10k miles on the bike with no prior issues. My valves were just done January 1st, 2021. With that was a new timing chain that was installed as well, the issue arose prior to the valve adjustment and timing chain. Only other issue that i currently have with the bike is my " exhaust valve malfunction"
Which personally I do not see a correlation between the two, but I could be completely wrong. Thanks for any help in advance

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Fuel starvation?

·
Super Moderator
23,189 Posts
Leaves me wondering if your exhaust valve is closing at that point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leaves me wondering if your exhaust valve is closing at that point.
You know I was wondering the same thing. I just purchased an SC project CRT exhaust, which I believe eliminates the exhaust valve, but often the light does not come on and when the problem occurred the malfunction light was not on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know I was wondering the same thing. I just purchased an SC project CRT exhaust, which I believe eliminates the exhaust valve, but often the light does not come on and when the problem occurred the malfunction light was not on.
And it is not yet installed, currently in shipping to my house

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont want to alarm you, and probably/hopefully i am wrong, but this was the symptom i had prior to my dropped valve.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont want to alarm you, and probably/hopefully i am wrong, but this was the symptom i had prior to my dropped valve.
Well I just had my service done with a full valve adjustment so I’m hoping I can eliminate that from the equation

·
Registered
F3 800 (2014), Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
17 Posts
Hey,
had the exhaust valve problem with my F3 and am pretty sure, that as soon as the problem is on the dash the bike goes into „emergency mode“ and cuts power and rpm. Would solve the valve exhaust problem (describtion available in forum) before you mount the SC Project.

I had no rpm or power limit before mine droped her f...... valve. Hopefully your dealer did everything right at the service with the engine and timing chain. Engine can work with not right adjustment of the chain, but less power and not long. 🙈

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey,
had the exhaust valve problem with my F3 and am pretty sure, that as soon as the problem is on the dash the bike goes into „emergency mode“ and cuts power and rpm. Would solve the valve exhaust problem (describtion available in forum) before you mount the SC Project.

I had no rpm or power limit before mine droped her f...... valve. Hopefully your dealer did everything right at the service with the engine and timing chain. Engine can work with not right adjustment of the chain, but less power and not long. 🙈
Okay thanks man, I didn’t think about it going into a “limp” mode which could be the problem when the exhaust valve fails

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think this is your issue, but when you said bumpy roads? Basically I thought my tipover sensor which got replaced was going bad again. My brutale was cutting intermittently on bumpy roads. Well it was the adjustment on the gear lever. My foot was pushing it by accident when being thrown around on bumps. I readjusted the lever and hadn't had a problem since. Yeah, I feel a little stupid.) This is my first bike with electronic "my excuse."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think this is your issue, but when you said bumpy roads? Basically I thought my tipover sensor which got replaced was going bad again. My brutale was cutting intermittently on bumpy roads. Well it was the adjustment on the gear lever. My foot was pushing it by accident when being thrown around on bumps. I readjusted the lever and hadn't had a problem since. Yeah, I feel a little stupid.) This is my first bike with electronic "my excuse."
I like the input but for me it happens on the highway. Smooth roads at top speeds. I’m starting to think my problem is with my exhaust valve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m going to work on my exhaust valve tonight and will let everyone know if that is the solution, after scouring different post about the exhaust valve malfunction I’ve come to believe my problem stems from there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts