MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Would love to read that one. We don't get that magazine this way though. Go MV!

·
Registered
197 Posts
If someone can post up the full review when it's available would be nice - MCN is not sold down under

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If someone can post up the full review when it's available would be nice - MCN is not sold down under
Here you Go

MV Agusta’s brand new £11,499 F3 800 is currently being put through its paces at Misano in Italy by MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves. Here are his first impressions:

“The new machine is basically the same as the F3 675, but has a longer stroke engine, a claimed145bhp at the crank and tweaked suspension damping and spring rates.

“I've done a few sessions now and the F3 800 keeps all the good bits of the F3 675. The handling is superb and the steering super-sharp. We're on race compound Super Corsa SC1s so it's possible to push really hard in the turns and carry lots of corner speed. The brakes, slipper clutch and traction control all work superbly well, too

“The extra capacity fills the hole in the 675's midrange, so it's easy to carry momentum and it'll make for a better road bike, too.

“The ride by wire throttle response is improved, but the throttle tube itself is too light and has almost no resistance, so you feel a bit remote from what's going on. But if this was your bike you'd soon get used to it.

“The harder you ride this bike, the further you realise you are from its limit. It's a serious bit of kit, huge fun, fast, easy to ride and could quite easily be the spiritual successor to the legendary Suzuki GSX-R750, which is praise indeed.”

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks Bruce. I was referring to when they run a full spread in the magazine, as opposed to the short blurbs they put on their website - but thanks again.

Keep the info coming folks.

What's caught my attention the most is the improved suspension compression & rebound rates. With more compliant suspenders and mid range torque this would be even more enjoyable as a road bike.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can somebody scan the article from MCN and put it up here? We can't get the magazine over here.
I'm very curious about the bike! Maybe they have something nice to say about it ....

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I read the article last night, very good ''track'' review but no road riding as yet, they still say the throttle is too much like a computer game/too light, but admit the fuelling or throttle feel is very much improved over early bikes.
They also have a short interview with ''the head of platforms'' from MV who also admitted the early FBW models were not good but they have been working very hard on the problems

Good Stuff :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts