MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have TVL2016 and clutch basket update was recently performed by MV Dealer; W000W1373 CLUTCH HOUSING KIT (TSB 168).

I have noticed clear difference before and after clutch basket update; clear engine vibration appears when I'm driving roughly 4000-5500 rpm (with 4,5 or 6th gear). It gets even stronger when going uphill. The vibration is stronger when using 5th or 6th gear. On the plain road it decreases but it is still noticeable. When driving downhill or pulling the clutch it disappears. With 1st or 2nd gear I cannot tell if there is any difference.

With the old clutch basket (+ clutch cushion rubbers) I was able to keep 3500-4500 rpm as cruising speed (for smaller roads) without this stronger vibration. I have seen earlier pics from other members that the new design is more robust and heavier. Could that explain that it causes more vibration with low rpms? So you just need to keep higher rpms?

The clutch itself works perfectly. My bike had roughly 13 000 km when the clutch basket update was done and now I have 15 000 km, so 2000 kms with the new design.

I guess clutch would not work well if assembly work wasn't done properly? I tried advanced search but did not find these kind of symptoms reported. I have asked this from MV Dealer but not getting any answers. Also from the factory but they directed me back to the dealer.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I didn`t even know we had a proper dealer here i Finland :)

But, i would say take it back if its worse than it was! Not really an update if it takes you backwards?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2015 Stradale had its clutch and clutch rubber done under S.B. #214 if I remember right. Same as S.B. #168 for the Tourismo. Its benn 3200km and no vibration what so ever.

Did you check your rear sprocket cush drive? Mine is prety close for replacement and I can feel a small vibration sometimes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx for your feedback Balou34. I did the rear sprocket cush drive update about 500 km before the clutch basket update was done. Changed from the original to BDS set and did not notice any difference concerning vibration. I still have the original set with new cushion rubbers so I could swap it back and see if it changes situation.

I know that there are several members who did the clutch basket update and would like to hear if they have noticed any difference. I have done some small regular maintenance work for my bikes but never assembled clutch system. I'm planning to do this if not getting any feedback from factory/dealer.

I'm not sure if it relates at all in this matter, but also hearing "marble ball rattling" when driving slowly. Not located the exact place but thinking that it comes from the left side of the engine. This occurs in both conditions; bike is cold and hot. e.g. when I'm turning and driving with 1st gear. Idle does not cause this noise. I have read that one potential reason could be hydraulic TC tensioner. Could loose TC cause also riding vibration?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have loosen the chain I did not see any difference. So small mystery continues..

I also opened the clutch cover and everything looks fine for me. I notice four small marks outside of the clutch basked but I guess these are coming from the manufacture process?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have loosen the chain I did not see any difference. So small mystery continues..

I also opened the clutch cover and everything looks fine for me. I notice four small marks outside of the clutch basked but I guess these are coming from the manufacture process?
My new clutch basket looks the same, definitely manufacturing marks. I don't have vibration issues on my F3...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I thought the service bulletin install instructions also showed two different clutch hub dampeners??

Could they have been installed incorrectly during the hub replacement?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Fastspy! I think that is possible because those clutch hub dampeners have markings "UP" for correct positioning. I think I need to study this case too, but at this momement I don't have required tool for dismantling the clutch set up (holder tool for opening bolts). Before that I will also change the BDS sprocket holder/cushioning system back to the original and see if that removes vibration symptoms.

-Pasi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts