MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would throw this up for now, as i am working to get all the parts in to make the change over..
brakelines will be coming from Coremoto, and will use a brembo 17 RCS until the new Corsa Corta 17 comes out.

For reference, the stock M4 calipers, next to the new Brembo Stylema 4x17mm piston calipers.
For reference, some M50 calipers, next to the new replacement caliper as supplied on the Paniglae V4.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Can you tell the difference of weight of these both?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you tell the difference of weight of these both?
I will get some weights for the 3 different calipers, minus pads, but i do not think it is that much of a difference for performance for us mere mortal. brembo says 2.7ozs between the M50 & Stylema.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The new CAD developed calipers are an improvement, lighter, cooler and strong. Also uses shorter mount bolts and holds less fluid making the whole assembly over 3 ounces lighter. Use Ti bolts, banjos and bleeders and save another couple ounces of unsprung weight. Great choice without the high cost of the GP series calipers.

Curious why did you choose to use a 17 master instead of the 19?

I understand the Corsa Corta master choice, I recently bought a 19 Corsa Corta and can hardly wait to try the shorter bite point adjustment on track.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depending on what you believe based on hydraulics or what you want in the feel of the brakes, will dictate what brake master you use. The 19x18/20 is hydraulically way to much brake master for these calipers or the M50 and you lose feel and greatly reduce the amount of travel related to the force the brakes are applied to. When people speak of a wooden feel or lack of feel that is due to improper matching of parts, or can be a major reason why.

Looking at your comment, you want a shorter bite point, which if your using a 19x18/20 on m50s you will already have a very short engagement point, due to the amount fluid being pushed in the lager brake master.

I am more than happy to share a spreadsheet on hydraulic fluid and which brake master suits a given caliper based on piston sizes and amount of pistons.

Of course like any brake package, you can buy pads that suit your application & braking style, different masters, lines, etc etc and it is a personal preference for sure. Brembo says the 17 is the correct master, and from my own experience with trying 3 different masters on the M50, the 17RCS was the best option between a 19x18 billet, RCS 19x18/20, and the RCS 17x18/20 which I run on my panigale and 675R both with M50 calipers.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rotor buttons

Here are the wheels with the stock Brembo discs with full floating buttons from performanceparts.de

Install was very simple, although no instructions it is to easy.. drill, drill bit, vise grips, flat blade screwdriver. wheels removed, mod performed and wheels back on in 90 minutes with a few beer breaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK did a soft install on everything as the titanium banjo bolts wont be here till Saturday.
I knew i should of just designed lines how i wanted, not like the stock configuration, so not happy about how it turned out, but it will work for right now. Hindsight is 20/20

one recommendation for anyone doing this, make sure you have a nice solid piece of string/rope that you pull with the brakeline, so it makes routing it back quite fast & simple. COREMOTO was great to work with again and i highly recommend them (used them on 3 different builds now). pivoting banjo bolts, and great prices, and will make abs lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Did you just replace brake line from ABS pump to rotor and not lever to rotor? Did you remove gas tank? Thanks foe the string/rope tip. I'm about to do something similar on my bike.
Rotors look sweet too with the floaties.

OK did a soft install on everything as the titanium banjo bolts wont be here till Saturday.
I knew i should of just designed lines how i wanted, not like the stock configuration, so not happy about how it turned out, but it will work for right now. Hindsight is 20/20

one recommendation for anyone doing this, make sure you have a nice solid piece of string/rope that you pull with the brakeline, so it makes routing it back quite fast & simple. COREMOTO was great to work with again and i highly recommend them (used them on 3 different builds now). pivoting banjo bolts, and great prices, and will make abs lines.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mmm those are so perdy! What would you have done differently than stock with the lines?

Yes just replaced the line from the ABS module to the calipers, as the bike already has stainless lines on it.

As for what I would do differently, is how the t fitting is located and how the lines come off it. Where the stock abs line comes into the t and the lines then split to each caliper, I would of ran the from abs module line into one end of the T, then ran lines to each caliper. That way mounting the T against the fork leg would of been to easy.. could also have located the T on the lower clamp and ran lines to the calipers.

Will most likely swap it out at some point, but not this year.. The next project is about to show up. and Hoping to get some road testing in this weekend, weather permitting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts