MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped a valve in my 675 and bought a brutale 800 engine. Have the motor in and everything is hooked up. Turn the key, dash lights up passes tests, fuel pump primes. Bike in neutral, grab clutch and press the ignition. Nothing happens. No sound, no change in anything at all.

I have a brutale 800 ecu hooked up currently. I tried my 675 ecu and that will not work also, same result.

Anyone ever deal with an issue like this or have any idea what it might be?

·
Administrator
20,091 Posts
Sounds like the starter relay is not getting a grounding signal to energize..... Try jumping the relay just to see if it will engage the starter, maybe start the bike too.

Would need to study the wire schematic to make other suggestions....do you have one?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet, but would that prevent the ignition button from working? And when I say I'm jumping it I mean I am jumping power wires from the 2 connectors at the starter relay to get it to crank.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not yet, but would that prevent the ignition button from working? And when I say I'm jumping it I mean I am jumping power wires from the 2 connectors at the starter relay to get it to crank.
There probably is a break in the loom somewhere.
I have encountered this issue, before I swapped engines it turned out to be a loom problem.

If you have installed the 800 ECU swap it back to the 675 to see if it will start. The ECU controls the starter relay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried that last night. Same issue with both ECUs. I will test connections and wiring tonight. I have a relay ordered.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Tried that last night. Same issue with both ECUs. I will test connections and wiring tonight. I have a relay ordered.
If you short the top left wire on the relay, (brown from memory) to earth/frame the bike should turn over, this proves the relay is good

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up a solenoid and still nothing. I'm thinking it's the harness like you said. But would the gear indicator sensor have anything to do with the issue? The brutale has a 3 wire sensor, the 675 sensor looks like just 1 wire. I had to use the 675 sensor to be able to plug it into my harness.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it started by jumping the 2 positive leads on the solenoid. Also had to give it wide open throttle. But it started up so I'm guessing it is maybe the actual button itself? Or still harness?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Got it started by jumping the 2 positive leads on the solenoid. Also had to give it wide open throttle. But it started up so I'm guessing it is maybe the actual button itself? Or still harness?
With the engine running can you select the different maps? If you can button is good

1 - 17 of 17 Posts